Monday, February 4, 2013

Style Adventures Vol. 10 (Berlin, Ohio)


STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Berlin Ohio 2/2)

This post is about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.

Queen Anne's Lace
 4786 East Main St. 
Berlin, Ohio 44610

Saturday I spent the day in Amish Country with my guy. We went from city to city eating and shopping for Amish foods.  Afterward we shopped the local vintage and specialty shops. I had no intentions of doing a Style Adventures post but then I came across Queen Anne's Lace. I was originally attracted to the beautiful historic exterior. Then I went inside and was equally intrigued. It is the kind of store that triggered my own desires of owning my own specialty store. It is a place that inspires one to be creative. I thought about all the interior decorating projects I have yet to start and I drooled over accessories I had to convince myself I didn't need.
The store specializes in Victorian Lace. You will also find jewelry, fascinators and Steampunk hats, body products and home furnishings.  There are two floors of merchandise including a baby room full of fun baby items and a room with sale items that included some holiday decor. My favorite floor was the first floor. I found myself browsing the same areas, jewelry and accessories.
With watches being a big accessory item for spring, I found myself staring at a watch display full of sparkly pieces. I had to remind myself that I don't wear watches.
One of my favorite sections of the store was a dress covered in cameo brooches. I have loved cameo pieces since I was a child discovering fashion and the history of it. 
I fell in love with this cameo statement necklace with matching earrings. 
I was inspired by these pieces that brought recycled buttons and jewelry together to create images of floral designs and beautiful vintage dresses. This is green art at it's best.
My favorite room was the hat room. I spent much of my time in the room trying on Steampunk hats and imagining how I would incorporate them into my daily wardrobe. Though I do not participate in the Steampunk culture, anyone who knows me knows I love a funky hat.
The majority of the hats in the store are made by Elsie Massey. I found myself attracted to them all. Her pieces included materials like feathers, lace, fake birds and clock pieces like escape wheels.
My favorite was this top hat covered in lace, feathers and clock pieces.
After making my rounds I made my final selection. I decided on an embellished knit turban headband.
Total $18

If you find yourself in Berlin, stop in Queen Anne's Lace to see Anne and all she has to offer. I had the best experience! Her store is unique and her personality makes you want to stop and stay a while. For more information, check out her website. http://www.queenanneslaceberlin.com/


Look for my new turban headband in future closet blog posts! Fashionista's, antiquers & store owners! Got a store or area I should visit? Leave me a comment.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: