Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thursday's Inspiration


Twice a week Kristin and I both create collections on a site called etsy. On etsy these collections are called treasuries. The reason why I enjoy doing them so much is because I feel like a fashion editor creating a cohesive display of items for a magazine. I am usually inspired by the collections I create either in my own personal life, or through my designs. So I decided, why not blog a little more in depth about the inspiration behind the treasuries I create.

My goal is to not only inspire you the reader, but also take my inspiration to the next level. I hope you enjoy this series as I much as I enjoy creating it!

*Chris*


This week I am inspired by print, more specifically floral print. I used to be pretty opposed to wearing flowers on my clothing, but recently, I have added more pattern to my wardrobe, and want to try pattern mixing with florals. In today's etsy treasury you will see a collection of 16 items all florally inspired, from photographs to head wear.


Pictures taken from L-R: www.typhaniepeterson.com,www.fashionforbreakfast.com,www.fashionsexpert.com,www.hbloom.com

To avoid looking like a bridesmaid, try mixing this romantic print with some studs, different textures or add a little contrast with print. If you are really daring pair up different floral prints in one look!

Pictures take from: L-R: blog.fabric.com,www.itspatriciaprieto.com, www.favim.com www.vantagepointvintage.com

Don't forget to check out this floral etsy treasury!



What do you think? Are you open to wearing florals?

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*

No comments: