Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday's Inspiration



Twice a week Kristin and I both create collections on a site called etsy. On etsy these collections are called treasuries. The reason why I enjoy doing them so much is because I feel like a fashion editor creating a cohesive display of items for a magazine. I am usually inspired by the collections I create either in my own personal life, or through my designs. So I decided, why not blog a little more in depth about the inspiration behind the treasuries I create.

My goal is to not only inspire you the reader, but also take my inspiration to the next level. I hope you enjoy this series as I much as I enjoy creating it!

*Chris*


This week I am inspired by lace. When I think of lace, I seem to always think bridal, or romantic. Well this spring season, designers have put a twist on lace, showing this sheer fabric in bright,bold colors, peek-a-boo sexy accents, and even in jewelry pieces.


Pictures taken from ww.elle.com L-R: Temperely London,J.Mendel,Dolce and Gabanna

All pictures taken from www.elle.com L-R: Oscar de la Renta, Tadashi Shoji,Roberto Cavalli

 Not really into wearing a lot of lace. Try wearing it in accent pieces with jewelry. Stella & Dot has a awesome line inspired by lace.Check out the full lace inspired collection here www.stelladot.com/christinajovonn




View the etsy treasury, in it you will see everything lace, from head pieces to cell phone covers.


Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*

No comments: