Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) February 9, 2013

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!


Saturday Christina and I had a styling job with an adorable little girl. We had a great time putting together looks for the little doll for her portfolio. After the work was done we met some friends and grabbed some take-out from Ocean Club. I took these photos at my friend's home. This is what I wore.
  I wanted to be comfortable for work and I knew I would be outside some so I made sure to wear jeans and layer up. The floral jeans I am wearing, I have worn on a post once before. I got them at Nordstrom. They are on sale here
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kut-from-the-kloth-diana-floral-skinny-jeans/3406639?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2065&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-undefined_6_D
The button up is also from Nordstrom. I layered it with a shawl cardigan. The cardigan is old and I don't remember where I got it.
The headband is the knit turban headband/earwarmer I bought in Amish Country the weekend before last at the Style Adventures feature Queen Anne's Lace. Here is a similar one I found online:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/115788540/chunky-knitted-headband-ear-warmer-with?ref=sr_gallery_35&ga_search_query=black+knit+turban+headband+&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all
The brooch was added to blouse top for decoration. I forget where I bought it.
I like wearing leather gloves with outfits sometimes. This pair I found at a vintage shop. Older gloves are smaller than those that are made today. My hands are very childlike so even small adult gloves are usually too big. So if this is a problem for you as well, go vintage and you can find a better fit. The bracelets I have collected from high school dances and styling projects.
My boots are closet regulars. They are by Chinese Laundry. Here are some similar ones:http://www.chineselaundry.com/chineselaundry/boots/tremendous-leathe?color=cognac
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,


No comments: