Friday, February 22, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) February 16, 2013

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

 Valentine's Day weekend Saturday, I went to Cimi's Bistro at Pinnacle for dinner with my guy. Then we saw Identity Theft at the movies theater. This first picture was taken at Cimi's and the rest were taken at home. This is what I wore.
 I felt like getting dolled up. So I decided on a look that was preppy meets old Hollywood with a little Pretty Woman with the over-the- knee boots. I love any opportunity to wear red and February is such a red month with Valentine's Day and it being Heart Disease month. My dress is an old Kenneth Cole Reaction sweater dress. It was a thrift store purchase a few years ago. I layered it over a white Charter Club tailored button-up shirt, also a thrift store purchase.
My jacket is a closet repeat. I wore it in my Valentine's Day closet post. It was made by a US fur vendor that I found on ebay many years ago. I bought it for a New Years date around 2006 but I wear it a lot around Valentine's Day mostly. It is red, white and pink rabbit fur. It is reversible but I have never worn it on the leather side because I don't want the hair rubbing off on my clothing.
The pearl brooch on my collar is vintage. I found it thrifting many years ago. The pearl necklace is also second hand from a vintage shop.

The turban, I bought from a seller on etsy for $4 during a sale. Check her out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtsyTreats?ref=search_shop_redirect. The earrings are vintage with twist backs. They were also found at Second Time Around in Attica, Ohio.
The ladybug is by Kenneth Lane. I bought it online on ebay.  The large pearl ring is vintage. It is a closet repeat. I bought it in Attica, Ohio at Second Time Around. My polka dot nails this week are my design. I used Sally Hansen's Raisin The Bar (pearl pink) and Nicka K's Magic (red) as my base colors and a white Miginail Art pen to make polka dots.
The boots are over-the-knee Guess boots from several seasons ago.

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

1 comment:

Mert Topel said...

So sexy and lovely Chris! :)