Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) February 24, 2013


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday I found myself in the birthplace of Sarah Jessica Parker. The small city of Nelsonville is known for Nelsonville bricks and Rocky Brands. My guy and I went there to buy boots at Rocky Outdoor Gear Store for work and hiking. I was happy to take a ride to the country especially to a place where one of my fashion icons grew up. After several mullet sightings, lots of flannels and work boots, I wondered where a woman with such style got her inspiration. The town is quiet and there is not much to do during the winter so after shopping we stopped at the former site of Nelsonville Brick Company, now a park called Brick Kiln Park. It wasn't much of a park but the ruins of  the company's former buildings provided a great place to take my photos. This is what I wore.
My pants are JAG low rise skinny printed jeans. My mother bought them for me from Nordstrom online. I could not locate them online.
I have been in a fur mood all this month so I threw on an old fuchsia rabbit fur vest by Express over a button up Halogen shirt from Nordstrom. I found a similar color faux fur vest with a sash online at: http://www.hsn.com/products/iman-platinum-pop-of-color-faux-fur-vest-and-sash-belt/6809985 or this rabbit & raccoon vest at :http://www.ioffer.com/i/2013-women-s-raccoon-fur-shoulder-rabbit-fur-vest-coat-534072938
I am so excited about my new necklace that I bought from Christina who sells Stella & Dot. It is the Lillith Fringe necklace you may have seen many times on her. With fringe being a big trend for spring, I had to have it as well. I got it almost for free after hosting an online trunk show. Check out her online shop at: http://www.stelladot.com/sites/christinajovonn
I love a fedora and it's so appropriate in cold weather. This hat was bought for me for my 29th birthday by my friend Tanika. I found a similar hat on etsy at:
The leather gloves are vintage. I got them at an antique shop in Hocking Hills.
These boots you have seen many times now if you are a Kris's Closet follower, though I hardly ever wear them this way. They are my Guess over-the-knee boots I wore a few times this month on closet posts. I folded them down for a lower boots to show more of my pants.
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: