Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) February 2, 2013

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

I woke up early Saturday and headed to Amish Country. My guy had to pick up supplies and we needed some fun couple time. We had lunch at my favorite Amish restaurant, Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen in Millersburg, Ohio. We went shopping for cheese and baked goods. Then we spent the rest of the day looking for inspiration for furniture at vintage shops and furniture stores for him.We found some items for the furniture store that is possibly opening this month. I also picked up some supplies for jewelry and a few accessories for myself. I wasn't expecting to find a store to highlight for Style Adventures but I did that as well. I took these photos in between shopping. This is what I wore.
It was pretty cold and snowy Saturday as you can see from my snow sprinkled hair in most of my photos. My goal was to put on enough layers that I could forego my coat. After a couple layers of undergarments, that I did!  I wore a Falls Creek brand long sleeve, round neck tee with a paisley like print. I bought it last year at Meijer, yes Meijer. The collar is not attached. I will get to that. My jeans are my favs. They are Paige Skyline Skinny Jeans.
The sweater is also from Meijers, last year. I liked it because it had silver threads running through it. I apologize that this detail can't be seen in any of the pictures.
Now, this collar is a necklace from Forever 21. I bought I online after seeing it on Style Pantry. I wanted to use it as a template when I thought maybe I would make a few of them. I located a page full of similar options on Forever 21's website. http://www.forever21.com/Search/SearchResult.aspx?dsNav=Ntk:primary%7ccollar+necklace%7c3%7c,Ny:True,Ro:0&dsDimensionSearch=D:collar+necklace,Dxm:AllPartial,Dxp:3&dsCompoundDimensionSearch=D:collar+necklace,Dxm:AllPartial,Dxp:3&br=f21&keyword=collar+necklace&fromsearch=true
I love my pink Russian style Ushanka/Trooper hat. It  is from ebay. It is sooo warm because it is made with fox fur. I also own it in my favorite color, red.
The boots are closet post regulars. They are the South Bay Over-the-Knee boot in henna by Chinese Laundry. Find them online at http://www.zappos.com/chinese-laundry-south-bay-black?ef_id=UQaOcgAAV756c0XO:20130128144258:s My purse is a ten year old Louis Vuitton Papillon.
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: