Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Style Crush

Harem Pants

I recently pinned these really cute harem pants to my "style inspiration" board on pinterest. I  thought to myself, I haven't worn these pants since the late 80's when M.C. Hammer made them popular. Well these pants are nothing like "Hammer Pants". The houndstooth and stripe pattern mixing really updates these vintage pants. I instantly envisioned myself wearing them on a spring day with a simple tank or fitted t-shirt.

http://www.shoptiques.com/products/tina-harem-pants?stq_signup=true&stq_rid=r2&source=Pinterest&medium=Hardpin&campaign=type248

Harem pants originated in India, they are a cross between a skirt and skinny jeans. There are many variations, the crotch area is generally loose and baggy, while being fitted from the knee to ankle. As I am sitting here writing, I just remembered that I had a pair of black ecko red harem pants, and I loved them, they got faded out, so I cut the waist band and made a skirt. They were super cute, they are so old, I was unable to find a pic, but now that I have memory, I know what I will be shopping for.

For inspiration I posted pics of stylish fashionista's wearing these "parachute pants", Nicole Richie and Folake Huntoon (3rd picture from the left) who both have great style. If you have not checked out stylepantry, please do so, that is Folake's style blog, it is excellent.

Pictures taken from L-R: www.stylebistro.com,www.mybenjaminbudget.wordpress.com,www.stylepantry.com,www.artfire.com


Justin Bieber was recently spotted wearing these drop crotch pants, along with Jaiden Smith in his leopard print version. What do you think, can men pull these off? 

I'm not too fond of Justin's styling in these pants, he looks like he is wearing pajama pants. Jaiden's look is definitely stylish, but I would not want my beau to rock leopard print pants period. Now the unknown gentleman in the middle actually wears them well, the look is masculine and sporty. Not bad!

Pictures taken from L-R: www.crunktastical.net, www.campoblogger.wordpress.com, www.yummymummyclub.com

Would you wear harem pants? Have you ever worn them?

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*

No comments: