Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Style Crush


I met this fabulous diva on facebook sometime ago. I'm not really sure how we became friends, but I'm glad we did. I love looking at her pics, she's so fashionable and she is a fellow stylist. I have been wanting to do a "Style Crush" post on a normal everyday person. Lerkia was the first person I thought about featuring.  I had always admired her love of fashion,her natural hair and she seems like she's always happy. So, I thought who better to write about, than someone who is living life to the fullest and pursuing their passion! Read on to find out why I was excited when she agreed to be featured in this article!!



Lerkia Lee. 30-something. Washington,DC. Stylist/Event Planner.


My take on fashion:

Fashion is everywhere – and it’s extremely subjective.  In three words, I would describe my signature style as edgy, yet refined with a dash of femininity.  I’ve always admired women who believed that the small details really make a lasting impression.  Further, I feel that seasonal trends should be used as inspiration and that we should all stay true to our own individual style.  Nothing is worse than feeling uncomfortable in your skin/clothes because you saw a cute skirt in a fashion magazine that you just had to have.  Fashion is a beautiful thing and I’m convinced that you just can’t buy style. 
One of my favorite quotes is “Dare to be yourself and wear the clothes that express the unique and fabulous person you are!”  Fashion is fun, fashion should be bold, and your personal style should shine through always!


 
Where I have been:  

I started styling brides and professional clients after working in the special events industry for 10 years.  Many of my former clients would request that I assist them with finding the perfect gown for their wedding, special event accessories for their parents, date night shoes and from there, the rest is history.   I’m inspired by many people, especially women who use the streets as their personal catwalk.  I can spend countless hours of people watching.  I secretly adore women who take risks when dressing.  For example, pairing an unconventional piece of clothing with an ultra conservative piece to create a smashing look (really makes me want to pull out my phone and snap a picture).  Usually, when I’m running low on inspiration, I travel.  From New York to Paris , it’s necessary to get away to obtain a fresh prospective.


 
I am passionate about:  

Living life to the fullest – although I love to style my brides and blog about everything fashion, I’ve learned that family is so important and vital to my sanity.  Spending quality time with those who matter enriches my being and really centers me.  These things make me a better person, mentally, spiritually and physically.   Stopping to smell the flowers and living in the moment is my personal trend for 2013.



You can find me:  

 Since each day presents new challenges and rewards, I have to hit the gym to set the tone of my day.  Meeting with clients, bridal fittings, blogging, finding unique vintage pieces and scheduling time to unwind and read are all very important to me.  Styling brides and events is extremely rewarding and it doesn’t feel like work.  I’m truly blessed.
 
  I love to interact with my peers and style mavens as they provide me with that daily dose of inspiration that’s required to get me through the day.  I have fabulous social media friends, and you are one of them as well!  You can visit and LIKE us on Facebook at MODAGE:  Where Modern Meets Vintage and/or follow us on Twitter at @Modage_Style.

_________________________________________________________________________________ 

Thanks again Lerkia for your help with this article. I hope you enjoy it. Make sure you check out both of her pages, you will love them as much as I do!

If you would like to be featured as our "Style Crush", or know someone with fabulous style that should be featured, please email us with your pics: christinakristin1@yahoo.com

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*

No comments: