Friday, June 21, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) June 15, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Saturday I spent the day with Leo. We had a patio brunch at DK Diner where I had the craziest Bloody Mary that was garnished with tater-tots, olives and bacon. He took me to a place called Gentiles where they sell wine and beer making supplies. I left there wanting to learn how to make beer and I don't even like beer. The rest of the day we spent riding around Ohio. We stopped at Uptown Westerville where I found a great boutique called Deja Vu and we had ice cream at the area Graters. We ended up in Chesterville, Ohio where we stopped at the Chesterville Flea Market. We both found some items for a great bargain. I took these photos in Uptown Westerville. This is what I wore.
I have had this vintage chevron style dress for many years. I found it at Rag-O-Rama in Clintonville for $12. I love this dress because it fits when I am at my lowest or heaviest weight. This striped dress is right on trend for the season. Find a similar dress here.
I found this zodiac necklace in a thrift store in a suburb of Chicago last year. I think I paid $7 for it. I love zodiac pieces. Find a similar necklace here.
The belt is from Lincoln Mall in Miami, Florida. I bought it from a second hand shop when I was there for a Memorial Day weekend. I can't recall what I spent but it was somewhere between $20 & $30. I couldn't find anything similar to share.
The purse is an old Nine West bag. I bought it over ten years ago. I couldn't tell you what I paid for it. Find similar handbags here and here. The bracelets are mostly from Stella & Dot and Nordstrom. They are from bottom to top: the Cara Cross Knuckle Ring from Nordstrom, snake wrap bracelet from etsy, the Artemis Cuff and Kalahari Bangle from Stella & Dot and the Creature Cuff from Nordstrom.
My shoes are called 'Jayden' by Sam Edelman. I love these. Those of you who follow my looks weekly have probably seen these a lot lately.(In my whisper voice) It's because they are very comfortable. 

This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about my look?
Thank you so much for stopping by! Bonus photos below.
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,
The DK All the Way Mary! Garnished with tater-tots, olives and bacon. The best Bloody Mary I have had. At the DK Diner in Grandview Heights.

I love food the way I love fashion. I am a foodie and also enjoy a great cocktail. My favorite meal is brunch. What is your favorite place to do brunch?


No comments: