Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) June 21, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!


Friday night I went to an African wedding celebration with my friend Gayima. I was overwhelmed with color and beautiful African garments embellished with sequins and beading. The women there had the most beautiful head-dresses and jewelry. I fell in love with their extravagant buns and up-dos.  I felt so under dressed for once in my life. I was originally going to wear an outfit that I had made as a bride's maid for a wedding but I tried it on and it smashed my assets in a very unflattering way. Gayima's mom came to my rescue and sent me a new dress from her closet. While I loved the dress and was at least in the African attire that the invite requested, my dress was more of a casual kind of piece. This is what I wore.


The tunic dress as I said before was given to me by Gayima's mom. I am very excited to add it to my closet and look forward to wearing it in new ways in the future. It is shapeless and boxy so I added a thick brown belt to give it some shape per Gayima's suggestion.  The Fendi bag is a bag I bought my mom for mother's day in 2005. I borrowed it because I was not at home with my things when I got dressed. My bracelet and ring set are from Mali in Chicago. I am wearing the Kalahari Bangle and Artemis Cuff from Stella & Dot. The third bracelet on the arm to your right is the alligator Creature Cuff  by Tasha from Nordstrom. My shoes are BCBG and really old. I haven't worn them in many years but they were perfect for this dress.



This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about my look?
Thank you so much for stopping by! Bonus photos below.
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

My Favorite Photos & Looks from the Celebration!

The Bride & Groom

I wanted to share this photo of the couple in their matching garments. They looked happy and well. I'd never been to a wedding celebration like theirs and I was in awe of the traditions I became aware of while I observed those around me.
I saw this woman as soon as I arrived and stared at her all night. She probably thought I was strange. I finally got the courage to ask for her photo for the blog. I wanted to share her look because I thought she was so put together. She was elegant and very stunning. She reminded me of Madge Sinclair as Queen Aoleon from Coming to America. The beading on her dress and head-dress were amazing. Her red nails, red clutch and matching heels were also great added touches. I am sorry I didn't get those details for you to see.
I  really loved Saran's look as well. She was also very elegant and put together from head to toe. Her make-up and hair were flawless. Her french manicure was very classy and timeless. I also loved her necklace and matching ring. The orange and bronze mermaid style outfit was fun and bold. Her head-dress and clutch also matched her outfit perfectly.  I had to ask for her photo because all in all I thought she looked beautiful.

No comments: