Monday, June 10, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) June 8, 2013

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Saturday I spent most of my day watching Leo and the neighbor install an outside drain and having drinks with the neighbor's other half. We gave moral support while the men sweated through the all day task. Then we had grilled burgers and hot dogs with the neighbors. Finally, Leo and I headed out to Park Street Festival and listened to some live music and people watched. This is what I wore.
The black and white sleeveless stripe dress is another dress Deepika bought me for helping her with a job. It is from Marshall's. The brand is Fun & Flirt. It was $16. I love that it is right on trend for the season, being black and white and striped. Find a similar dress hereThe jacket is Gap. I found it at the Ohio Thrift Store a while ago for $10. Find a similar denim jacket here.

The earrings are many years old. I bought them from a street vendor in Harlem, NY. I paid under $10 for them. They are sterling silver so I spent about ten minute cleaning them with an old tooth brush and toothpaste because I realized I didn't have any silver cleaner. Tip: The toothpaste should be white and whitening toothpaste works best, if you ever need to clean silver and find yourself in the same predicament. Brush and rinse.
The black and white leather clutch is new to Kris's Closet. This was my first time carrying it. It was another great find from the Valley Thrift Store outside of Dayton. The brand is Elke Sommer. I paid $1.99 for it. Find a similar clutch here. The belt is also a first time wear. I bought it at a thrift store for $1. I did not find anything similar to post. The bracelets from top to bottom are the Artemis Cuff from Stella & Dot,  the alligator Creature Cuff by Tasha from Nordstrom, the  Kalahari Bangle from Stella & Dot, a wrap snake bracelet that I found on Etsy, and finally the Cara Cross Knuckle Ring also from Nordstrom. The black and white ring, I picked up from a vendor at the Macy's Festival over three years ago. No similar options located for the ring.
My shoes are black and white studded oxfords from zappos. They are a few years old. The brand is Not Too Coy. I selected these for my look because I was going to be outside doing a lot of walking in a crowded area. There is nothing like having on heels, not being able to sit down when your feet hurt and people stepping on your toes. These are very comfortable but they are no longer available. Find similar oxfords here and here.
This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about my look?
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest Heavy Metal Collection at our etsy shop

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: