Monday, June 17, 2013

Style Adventures Vol. 11( Uptown Westerville & Chesterville, Ohio)

STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Uptown Westerville & Chesterville Ohio 6/15)

This post is about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.


Deja Vu
 11 N. State St. 
Uptown Westerville, Ohio 43081

Saturday I spent the day riding around Ohio with Leo. One of the places we stopped was Uptown Westerville where I found Deja Vu. I was really excited about exploring the Uptown Westerville area because it was just the kind of shopping area I love. The area is full of boutiques carrying everything from Amish furniture, antiques, arts & crafts by local artists and second hand clothing. My favorite place was Deja Vu.

Deja Vu opened in 1989. It had a few owners since then but today it is owned by Debbie Bowers and her daughter Lesa Halliwell. The store specializes in new, gently worn designer clothes, shoes and accessory items. It's a great place to take items to sell for extra cash or to find some very neat items at great prices. For more information check out their website above.
When I first entered the store, I noticed a sign indicating a 20% sale off most items in the store. I was excited to see a large quantity of jewelry in the jewelry section up front. Though I did not find anything I wanted that day, I did have better luck in other areas. The first thing I came across that I had to have was a black and white hounds-tooth mini skirt. The tag was broken up into three dates and three different prices which told me that after 6/8 that my skirt would be $5.50. I guess the skirt had already been there close to the 60 day expiration date. This means they don't hold on to the same items for more than a couple months so there is an urgency to get things when you see them and on your next visit its likely that you will see most of the store stocked with new items.
My favorite section was the belt section. There were so many stylish pieces but I only allowed myself to pick one belt, a black and metal belt that felt 'western rock star'. I am still thinking about a pearl belt I left behind that I probably should have purchased.
Houndstooth skirt and leather and metal belt from Deja Vu
Total $12

Chesterville Flea Market 
State Route 95
Chesterville, Ohio

 This place is a revisit. I stopped in around the same time last year and was pleasantly surprised to find  bunch of great accessories, in fact one of my favorite pieces that I bought for a quarter. This time I found a few belts I had to have but Leo did even better than I this time around. I won't bore you with his industrial finds. This visit was different, some of the vendors were different. I ran across a guy who frequents the airport auctions and had lots of belts and knickknacks. I purchased several stylish belts from him, 3 for $5. 

The flea market is owned by John and Joelyn Lanning. It's located on State Route 95 in between Columbus and Cleveland. You can see the bright  flags from the road. The flea market houses antiques, collectibles and home grown and handmade products from the locals. 
Belts from Chesterville Flea Market $5

Look for my new skirt and belts in future closet blog posts! Fashionista's, antiquers & store owners! Got a store or area I should visit? Leave me a comment.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: