Friday, May 31, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) May 29, 2013

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog almost a year ago. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Wednesday I attended career day at Columbus Africentric Middle School. Christina and I spoke with six classes about fashion styling and the process of creating fashion/jewelry collections. We had a great time with the kids! Afterward I spent time with my mom and did a small amount of work. This is what I wore.
I love to pattern mix! I paired a army green floral camouflage pencil skirt with a army green and white pin stripe/diamond pattern oxford shirt. The skirt and shirt are both thrift store purchases from Valley Thrift Store in Dayton. The shirt is by Geoffrey Beene and I paid $0.99 for it and the skirt is by Leslie Fay and was $1.99. My look before accessories was just under $3.00. This may be my cheapest outfit to date. To find similar skirts check out these options: skirt 1, skirt 2 and skirt 3.

My belt came from a seller on etsy. I love it but I have only worn it a few times now. It is black leather with gold and silver metal tiles. It is a vintage 80's belt by Jose Cotel Paris. The necklace is a thrift store purchase made of leather and metal. I forget where I found it. Find lots of great leather necklaces here.
 I was really feeling my inner rock star so I pinned my hair into a mohawk and accessorized with a lot of my leather and studded accessories. The sunglasses are vintage Liz Claiborne. Find similar sunglasses here.
 The green lucite ring came from Forever 21 and the black and white marble ring is from a vendor at the Macy's Festival. My 'arm party' bracelets include: snake bracelet from etsy, 'Kalahari bangle' and 'Artemis cuff' from Stella & Dot and the alligator 'Creature cuff' by Tasha from Nordstrom.
 My metallic studded oxfords are by Sam Edelman. They are called the 'Jayden' oxford. They are very comfortable.
This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about my pattern mixing look?
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest collection at our etsy shop! 

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: