Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Christina) May 4, 2013


Chris's Closet

I am Christina, the hot pink of ChristinaKristin, welcome to my closet.
I have not been doing many closet blogs...I've had a lot of missed opportunities, my goal this summer is to do more. Wish me luck!:)


This weekend was pretty slow for me. I had to work a few hours on Saturday afternoon, and I knew I was going to a birthday celebration later, so I wanted to be cute and comfortable, that way I wouldn't have to change after work! This is what I came up with.


When coming up with this outfit, I chose my accessories first. I knew I wanted to wear the beaded necklace and bracelets, that led me to the outfit choice. This was my first time wearing the necklace/earrings/matching bracelets. A friend from Ghana ordered these pieces from a woman in Ghana who makes jewelry by hand, I was really excited when he gave them to me, not only did I love the culture behind the jewelry, but also the craftsmanship. Kristin and I create handmade jewelry and I love supporting fellow artisans!

The cream lace top is from Forever 21, I love this top and probably wear it a little too much! It's so easy to pair with many different looks, this time I opted for the neon pink tank which is from Target. I couldn't find this same exact shirt, but here is a similar one. My jeans are Abercrombie & Fitch, of course I purchased them on sale, they were like 40% off, which is the only time I purchase jeans from abercrombie, I'm frugal, not paying full price!

My printed scarf is also from Forever 21, it was $8.00, I love this scarf because I also rock it as a stylish head wrap. Forever 21 has been having some really cute cheap scarves. I want more.



I did an "arm party" on both wrist, I figured it only made sense, since I was wearing ethnic jewelry. The orange and multi colored bracelets on my right arm are from Ghana, and the gold bangles with the colored beads are from the  World Market at Easton. On the left I have on gold Stella & Dot bangles, and the multi colored beaded bracelet I purchased from a vendor at The Ohio State Fair for $5.oo.

My pewter oxfords are from Shoetique in Columbus, Ohio. I love these shoes because they are so neutral I can wear them with anything, and they are comfy!

Please check out this link to the woman who made my jewelry: B.e.a.d's BEAD Accessories

What do you think of my look? Do you support your local artisans?

Until Next Time, Ciao!
*Chris*

No comments: