Monday, May 13, 2013

Fashion Rolling (Take 2! The Great Gatsby)


FASHION ROLLING! 
Every week we see things on television shows and movies that inspire us. I am always looking to some of these shows and movies to keep me updated on trends in fashion and beauty. In this segment I will do a recap on what I saw the week before that inspired me on television or film. This will touch on fashion topics from wardrobe, home and beauty trends.

Take 2!!!

The Great Gatsby

This past Friday, May 10th, I was in line with a couple hundred people waiting for the doors of the Lennox AMC theater screen 1 to open.We filed into the room one at a time and up to the fast shrinking open seating. I settled for a seat much lower than I would normally, do to a very obvious sold out show. I'd been waiting for this movie for a long time. I'd read the book,seen the original movie and had great hopes for this remake. The costumes were what I was most excited about and I was not disappointed. An all star team, costume designer Catherine Martin and well known designers/brands Miuccia Prada, Brooks Brothers and Tiffany & Co, brought this movie to life and made a room full of movie goers feel what it must have been like to live in the roaring 1920's. The glamour was like nothing I have seen in my time. Ladies looked like ladies and gentlemen looked like gentlemen. To be well dressed, well that must have the norm according to the feel of the movie. I loved the modern twist with the fashion and music. 
photo courtesy of: hitflix.com

clothesonfilm.com

photo courtesy of: http://fitzgeraldandfashion.com/brooks-brothers-to-host-global-gatsby-costume-exhibits/

Own a piece of Gatsby 
( The Great Gatsby Collections)

Another thing I love about this costume team is that they have made the wardrobe available for the public. If you go to each brand's website or stores, you can see, learn about and purchase these items that you saw on the screen. I can't afford it, but a girl can dream. 

Brooks Brothers

photos courtesy of: http://talkingtounicorns.blogspot.com, brooksbrothers.com

Tiffany & Co. 

photos courtesy of: denverpost.com, washingtonpost.com, examiner.com, departures.com, magazine.foxnews.com
What do you think about the Gatsby costume's?Thank you for stopping by!
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: