Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet ( Kristin) May 26, 2013

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog almost a year ago. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!


Sunday I went riding around with my guy and we ended up at Buckeye Lake. We stopped at the Buckeye Lake Museum where they were having a 15 year anniversary party with food, drinks and live music. Then we took a free boat tour ride around the lake on Queen of the Lake, also part of the anniversary celebration. I love when we luck up on a free and fun activity not far from home! There is always something in Ohio to do, believe it or not. After the boat ride we had dinner at the Island House and ice cream at Weldon's. I took my photos at the end of the day just before we lost the sunlight and headed home. This is what I wore.
I wanted to be comfortable and layered because the weather was a little cool and I knew I would likely end up in the country and somewhere where there was water. I put on an ribbed tank dress I have had a few years now from Target. I wore it once before on a closet post. I originally paid $15 for it. It's by Mossimo.
Find similar beater dresses at American Apparel. The over-sized colorful floral cardigan is from a thrift store in Circleville, Ohio. I paid $6 for it. The brand is HMJ.
My necklace is from an Ohio Thrift Store. I paid $8 for it. The sunglasses I am wearing are by Betsey  Johnson. I found them for under $20 at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago near Detroit. They are the BJ215 Raven/Emerald Wayfarers. Find them online here.
It was time to bring out my white Multi-colored Alma. It is one of my summer bags. It was my graduation gift from my dad in 2005 from Fashion Design school. My bracelets are a mix of  bamboo, leather and metal. I am wearing the alligator 'Creature Cuff' by Tasha from Nordstrom. The 'Kalahari Bangle' and the 'Artemis Cuff' by Stella & Dot. The Bamboo bracelets are from the Valley Thrift Store.
My slide in wedges are also second hand. I bought them from a church treasure sell in Bexley a few weeks ago for $2.50. They are Kenneth Cole Reaction.


This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about my look?
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest collection at our etsy shop! 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: