Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Style Crush


Over the weekend I received my June issue of Elle. I am always so excited when I receive something other than a bill in the mail. So, I spent my Memorial Weekend indulged in fashion,  a little reggae and the occasional cook out. There were a few articles that caught my eye, but the "New Designer" column struck a chord with me. I always flip through magazines and look at all of the pictures first, earmark the articles of interest and then go back and read. I immediately ear marked the page featuring these amazing dresses. 

Photos courtesy of : www.delpozo.com 

As soon as I began to read the article I knew that I wanted to feature this designer in today's Style Crush. Josep Font is the creative director for Delpozo, he actually went to school for architecture to "please his parents", but he always had a love for fashion. While in school he managed to squeeze in fashion and pattern-design courses at FD Moda in Barcelona. The pictures shown are apart of the Fall 2013 collection, you will see optical-illusion patterns, exaggerated, scalloped 3-D pleats and unusual color combinations, such as salmon with plum and ChristinaKristin signature colors hot pink and red.

Photos courtesy of : www.delpozo.com

I had to get a close up on these immaculate details. I love the way these multi-colored blooms snake up high heeled booties and onto handbags,as well as the way the flower and butterfly appliques adorn evening wear. This collection is definitely for the WEALTHY being priced anywhere from $500 for knit tops to $11,000 for embroidered silk gowns. Although, I won't be purchasing, I am very inspired by this designer and will continue to follow him.


What are your thoughts on this collection?

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*

No comments: