Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fashion Meets Art (Kristin's Favorite Met Gala Looks)

Fashion Meets Art

Kristin's Favorite Met Gala Looks!!!


 Every year I look forward to the photos from this event. The Met Gala brings out the best fashion and a lot of creativity. If I could pick an event of all the events in the world to go to, this would be it for me. I love art and I have always looked at fashion as art as well. When fashion and art come together, nothing can be more exciting to me. Check out my favorite works of art.

5. It's a tie between J.Lo in Michael Kors & Anne Hathaway in Valentino
I love both of these looks for the same reasons. They are feminine, sexy and give the illusion of being just about naked. I think these ladies both pulled these looks off perfectly from head to toe.


4. Solange in Kenzo
Solange is one of my personal style icons today. I feel we have a similar sense of style. I can relate to her choices and now that I have natural hair, she really appeals to me. I love this look because I am a fan of pattern especially tribal prints. Her afro is also killer!

3. Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere
This dress is just gorgeous and I expect nothing less from Ms. Lively.

2. Sarah Jessica Parker in Giles Deacon 
I love this complete look! I was sold on everything from the Philip Treacy mohowk headdress to the red bottom plaid boots. The dress itself looked like it should be hanging in the museum.

1. Beyonce in Givenchy
This look was also a piece of art work. I love the bright orange and yellow mixed with black. I love the matching boots and the hardware on the belt. I think she was the belle of the ball.

All photos courtesy of huffingtonpost.com
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris

No comments: