Friday, May 10, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) May 5, 2013


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday I attended the wedding of my fella's niece. It was a beautiful outside wedding at a park facility. The weather was beautiful and I was happy to be there. I love weddings especially when I am not in them. I took these photos at the wedding during the reception. This is what I wore.

I am very proud of this look because it is a very inexpensive outfit. The jacket and skirt are thrift store purchases. The colorful paisley jacket is surprisingly by Coldwater Creek. I am not a fan of this brand but I have learned that even the most conservative of brands can surprise you. I paid $6.99 for this jacket at the Valley Thrift Store in Dayton. Find similar jackets here at option 1 and option 2.  The tie-dye look stripe pleated skirt is also from that same thrift store. The brand is Elle and I paid $4.99 for it. I could not find anything similar that wasn't under $200 to post. The top under my jacket is just a black beater. I bought it in a pack of three from Bed Bath & Beyond. I'd say one beater is $3.33 out of a $10 pack. This look before my accessories was about $15.31.

Now my accessories are another story. My glasses are Fendi. They were my gramsey Nolan's, so I did not buy them but the lenses have been replaced. They had her bifocal prescription in them and I had them replaced with my own prescription. I swear by See Eyewear for those who are searching for quality frames and lenses at a good price. The necklace is the Lillith Fringe Necklace by Stella & Dot.
I am excited about my Urban Safari 'arm party'. My bracelets are from several places. The snake in the front is from a seller on etsy ( here is the same snake bracelet in gold), the second and fourth bracelets are from Stella & Dot. They are the 'Kalahari Bangle' and the 'Artemis Cuff'. The third gold and pearl bracelet  is a stretch bracelet that I found at the Valley Thrift Store, again Dayton. The last bracelet is the Alligator 'Creature Cuff' by Tasha from Nordstrom. The pearl vintage ring is a purchase from a vintage shop in Attica, Ohio. My straw clutch is from the Buffalo Exchange in Chicago.Online I found a similar clutch.
I love these shoes. They are some of my favorite shoes but I don't get to wear them often enough. They are blue suede with gold and beige leather trim and wicker heels. The brand is Costume National, an Italian couture brand shoe that I found in New York at Century 21.

This concludes another Kris's Closet. What do you think about this look?
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest collection at our etsy shop. Just click shop on our blog home page.

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice :) I love your hair! its sprouting like a little plant!

ChrisKris said...

Thanks Koku!I am trying to be like you when I grow up.

The Half Full said...

Awesome! I've been following your blog for a while! You are always on point

ChrisKris said...

Thank you so much! You just made my day, Funk Town Resident!