Monday, May 20, 2013

This Month's Obsession

This Month's Obsession!!!

Often I see a trend or an accessory that takes over my mind. I see it, I fall in love with it and then I obsess about it. Once the feeling hits me, I go into research mode then I must have it, so I buy it. Then I buy it again in three more colors or variations in styles. Yes, if I love it then I need to have options and options. Then soon after, I have moved on to a new love. Today my obsession is... 

Art Deco & the 1920's!!!
Art Deco isn't entirely a new love for me but I have been paying even more attention to it since I saw the Great Gatsby movie. I did a post last week on the costume designer and brands that were a part of the movie.  I have done a lot of research since then. I was determined to find some fun, yet affordable items to incorporate this trend into my wardrobe.  I had success in finding items that were fun, but the majority of them were also under $100.  I used the movie and the spring 2012 collections of Oscar de la Renta, Etro, Gucci and Ralph Lauren for inspiration.

Spring 2012 Collections of Gucci, Ralph Lauren & Etro
Fun fact: Last year's spring collection was not Ralph Lauren's first time designing Gatsby inspired looks. He was responsible for the costumes designed in the original Great Gatsby movie released n 1974 with main characters Jay Gatsby and Daisy played by Robert Redford and Mia Farrow.

Mia Farrow as Daisy in 1974 Great Gatsby photo courtesy of belaqadros.tumblr.com
My Picks!!!


1. Art Deco Embellished Shift Dress at bebe.com $445
2. Moyna 'Deco' beaded clutch at Nordstrom $178
3. Orseena Boutique 9 t-strap shoe at ninewest.com & amazon.com $96-$160
4. Beaded Art Deco Necklace at dorothyperkins.com $29
5. MKL Collective The 'Lavish' Dress at karmaloop.com $45
6. Green Deco Snake Studs at baublebar.com $22
7. BP Enamel Deco Bracelet at nordstrom.com $12
8. Sandy Hyun Art Deco Ring at urbanoutfitters.com $45
9.Frock & Frill Deco Sequin Dress at us.asos.com $212
                                      More!!!

1. Great Gatsby Turquoise Flower Flapper Headband by Diva Wear Designs at etsy.com $30
2. Art Deco Crescent Necklace at forever21.com $7
3. Shameless Jewelry Silver & Chartreues Art Deco Ring at maxandchloe.com $48
4. Brass Slave Bracelet at etsy.com $28
5. Jimmy Crystal Art Deco Bangle maxandchloe.com $218
6. Bejeweled Art Deco Necklace forever21.com $8
7. Verdier Jewelry Hoop Earrings Nordstrom $68
8. Bird Wing Hair Fascinator Etsy $80

Will you incorporate some art deco pieces into you wardrobe this season?
 Be Blessed!Be Free!Be Fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: