Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) March 10, 2013


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday was so nice out, Leo and I decided to go for a ride. We went to Circleville to pick up somethings for his workshop and I used the trip to thrift and vintage shop. I found some great items at the Goodwill. Then we went looking for a house on Main Street we visited once that occasionally has antique sales inside. The house was open and I left with a bag full of vintage costume jewelry. We finished our ride in Canal Winchester where we stopped to eat at Shades on the Canal. I took my photos across the street from the restaurant and at the the covered bridge in Canal Winchester. This is what I wore.
 I kept it simple with my basic white button up and my favorite Paige Skyline Skinny jeans. The button up is a thrift store buy and the jeans are from Nordstrom. Find the jeans online at:
 http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/paige-skyline-12-skinny-stretch-jeans-twilight/3128824?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0
The suede and knit cardi-jacket is from Rag-O-Rama in Clintonville. I have only worn it twice in a few years but I love it. The jacket is from the 70's and has southwestern influence. The label reads Styled by Max One.
I found the fedora hat in Lebanon at a vintage shop called Cabins to Castles last September. It is also vintage. Inside it reads Made in Switzerland for Lazarus Columbus. It was a Style Adventures find on September 15th and it was kind of tight fitting when I bought it. It was featured a second time in a Remedy This post when I stretched it on October 22. Find the Style Adventures post where I found it here: http://christinakristinco.blogspot.com/2012/09/style-adventures-vol-7-lebanon-pt-ii.html
I love layering jewelry and it's a big thing for necklaces and bracelets this spring & summer. These are some of my favorite necklaces to layer. These seed bead and gold rope necklaces are from Shoetique by way of India. They are adjustable which makes it easy to wear them at once. The peacock necklace peaking out of my collar is an old necklace from Forever 21.
This is my go to brown purse by Louis Vuitton (Papillon). It is a closet post regular. The ring I found at the Macy's Festival at a vendor's table. It is also a closet post vet.
These are my Chinese Laundry over-the-knee (South Bay) boots in color henna. I have worn them a few times on the closet posts. I bought them from Zappos where they are still available. Find them online at:

The last covered bridge in Franklin County Ohio.

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,




No comments: