Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This Month's Obsession


This Month's Obsession!!!

Often I see a trend or an accessory that takes over my mind. I see it, I fall in love with it and then I obsess about it. Once the feeling hits me, I go into research mode then I must have it, so I buy it. Then I buy it again in three more colors or variations in styles. Yes, if I love it then I need to have options and options. Then soon after, I have moved on to a new love. Today my obsession is... 

Bracelets!!!

This month I ran across some of the greatest marketing I have ever seen! I was cruising through the Nordstrom website when I came across a video and shop dedicated solely to bracelets. Nordstrom's genius marketing team put together a video that had me so mesmerized that I have watched it many, many times. I was so inspired by the art of the concept and the pieces were drool worthy.  The shop and video puts together themed looks for all personalities and styles. They show each look in the video and break them down in the shop where you can purchase the bracelets from each look individually or in ready styled groupings.  I was so excited that last spring's "arm party" was to continue for another spring with the new name "stacked wrist".  
 arm party or stacked wrist: a mixture of  different wrist accessories worn stacked and all at once, such as bracelets and watches. 
My favorite looks that they created are, Pretty in Punk, City Safari and Part Deco.
I have yet to purchase the bracelets I want for myself but I showed the video and some of my picks to my mom and she immediately directed me to charge a couple to her Nordstrom account for her.  She loves her skull and snake "creature cuffs" by Tasha.
To check out the video and the bracelets, click on the link at the end of the post.


Nordstrom's Looks

image courtesy of nordstrom.com

image courtesy of nordstrom.com



image courtesy of nordstrom.com

Stella & Dot

Last summer I enjoyed the way my stacked wrist looked, though I did not do much mixing. I  collect copper cuff bracelets and I like to wear a lot of them at once. For this spring I wanted more variety.  So to save money I had a Stella & Dot online trunk show for Christina who is a Stella & Dot stylist. That helped me earn free and discounted items.  I was excited about starting my new stacked wrist or "arm party" look.  I selected two bracelets from Stella & Dot to get the look started. I wanted to go for a "City Safari" kind of look.  I bought the "Artemis"cuff, a studded cuff with lion heads on each end and the "Kalahari" bangle, a zebra striped bangle with zebra heads and a hinge to open and close it on the arm. I plan to mix them with department store and thrift store bracelets with the same "City Safari" feel.  Look for my collection of bracelets this spring/summer 2013 in closet posts. 

photo's courtesy of google.com


Past Looks by ChristinaKristin

looks on left Kristin and looks on right Christina

For the stacked wrist video, click on link below!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/stacked-wrist-video?origin=leftnav

To check out Stella & Dot bracelets, click on link below!
http://www.stelladot.com/sites/christinajovonn

Will you be sporting this trend? Let us know.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: