Monday, September 16, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Christina) September 4, 2013



Chris's Closet


I am Christina, the hot pink of ChristinaKristin, welcome to my closet.



Kristin and I arrived in New York City early Wednesday (September 4) morning, after a not so great 8 hour bus ride. We slept a little on the long bus ride, I was still a little tired, but was so excited to be in this amazing city that I wanted to hurry and site see. After getting dressed, we wandered around the area close to our hotel and ended up in Times Square, this is what I wore.

I wanted to be stylish and comfortable,so I opted to wear my "I Love My Ethnicity" T-shirt,which has been featured in an old closet post. I layered it with a black cami from Forever 21,I love their cami's, they are such a steal for only $2.00.  You can find this cami here: www.forever21.comI paired it with a simple black mini skirt that I purchased at H&M, it doubles as a tube top when needed. The skirt was also super cheap for about $5.00. I couldn't find the exact skirt at H&M, but I found a similar one here: www.forever21.com.


I didn't pack many shoe options, so I decided to wear my black oxfords paired with black lacey socks for added flair. They actually turned out to be quite comfy. I bought these lacey socks at a lingerie store,they always have the best leg wear. I found a similar pair here: http://www.sears.com/. My black oxfords are from Aldo, I've actually had them for a few  years.  Here are a pair similar to mine: http://www.aldoshoes.com.



Now on to the fun part, my accessories. I believe they are all past closet post features. I found these earrings at a vendor event in Atlanta during the Bronner Brothers Hair Show, I think they were about $10. My sunglasses are Marc by Marc Jacobs, I purchased them at Macy's many years ago. I like the Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglass line because they are fairly inexpensive for designer sunglasses. Mine were under $100. I found a similar pair at  Nordstrom.  My bracelets are a combination of Stella & Dot, gifts from Ghana and India, and an Ohio State Fair vendor.

Kristin let me borrow the crossbody bag, I didn't have anything to carry other than a clutch, and being in a big city such as New York, it's always best to carry a crossbody! I was thankful she had the bag, because it matched my outfit perfectly.



We had an absolute blast in NYC. Stay tuned with us this week for our New York Diaries series!

What do you think of my look?

Until Next Time, Ciao!

*Chris*






No comments: