Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet ( Special NY Edition) September 7, 2013


Special New York Edition Chris's/Kris's Closet
September 7, 2013

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in our closets,learn where we found them
 and where we wore them.  


We have come to our last New York post. We hope you have enjoyed and been inspired by our trip. It was a great experience and great inspiration. We can't wait for our next opportunity.

 Saturday the 7th, we did the most walking the whole New York trip. We had brunch at Sylvia's, did some shopping and took a stroll in Central Park. It was our last night in New York so we went out that night to the Shrine in Harlem. This is what we wore during the daylight hours.


Chris's Closet


I am Christina, the hot pink of ChristinaKristin, welcome to my closet.
Since we were walking around Harlem and parts of Manhattan I wanted to be comfortable and stylish,so I opted for this look. If you have followed my closet posts you will see that I love to wear bright colors. We walked so much this day basically from Harlem to the Upper East Side of Manhattan to Central Park, I'm so glad I decided to be comfy



T-shirt: Target

Skirt: Mejers

Shoes: Shoetique, Columbus,Ohio


Hair Accessory: ChristinaKristin; this hair bow is not featured in our online shop, but if you are interested please email us at christinakristin1@yahoo.com 

Jewelry: Stella & Dot; Leather cuff is from Harlem street vendor


Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs




Kris's Closet

My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

I was super excited about going to Sylvia's and finally checking out Central Park. I have been to New York many times and hadn't checked either place off my list until this recent trip. I was impressed with Sylvia's chicken, red velvet waffles and my peach tree mimosa. Yum! I got so much walking in that day, I know I completely burned the calories from that morning and the night before. I took my photos at Central Park. Check out what I wore!

My look was all about old Hip Hop done in a modern way. I have had this Run DMC tee for many years and never wore it until this trip. My sister tried to steal it because it was in a drawer with the tag still on it and I had to get it back. My vest is a piece you have seen before on my closet posts and it will not be the last time. The skirt is also a piece I have wore before here during the summer with another one of my favorite tees. I completed my modern Hip Hop look with a pair of gold door knockers, a knuckle ring/bracelet, a gold tooth necklace that I think is hilarious and a pair of wedge Adidas. 
Tee:Run DMC shirt by Junk Food (old from Delia's)
Skirt: hounds-tooth mini by Emmelee for F.G. from Deja Vu Westerville
Vest:INC (old Ohio Thrift store purchase)
Earrings: gold door knocker from Cool Cat in Harlem
Necklaces:Gold tooth necklace by theTriangleOfBears on etsy 
Belt: gold chain and leather belt (Ohio Thrift store find)
Bracelets: skulls by JAL Jewelry on etsy/pyramid stud hand bracelet from Nordstrom/skull creature cuff by Tasha from Nordstrom/skull hand chain from Nordstrom
Shoes:Basket Profi Adidas black and white wedge sneakers from Nordstrom


What do you think about my modern Hip Hop look?
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: