Monday, January 28, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) January 26, 2013


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Saturday was the last day of Restaurant Week Columbus. For those who aren't familiar, it is a week where participating restaurants offer a scaled down three course menu for a set affordable price. So my fella and I made a reservation at a place called Dempsey's. We had a great meal with excellent service. We ended our night at home watching an episode of Dexter. This is what I wore.
I bought this ombre cowl neck  knit dress new at the thrift store a couple weeks ago on a half off Wednesday. It also has dolman sleeves hidden under my jacket because they are short. The dress is by Ronni Nicole and was originally $70 according to the original tags. I paid $10 for it which is more than I am use to at a thrift store for a dress. I found a similar dress here. http://www.6pm.com/michael-stars-ombre-marl-cowl-sweater-dress-bittersweet?zfcTest=mat%3A1
The green corduroy jacket  is old. I bought it from Petite Sophisticate many years ago.
I broke the dress up a little with a skinny brown studded belt with green stitching. Studded accessories are big for the season. This belt I found at the Ohio Thrift Store this past summer. Here is a similar belt. http://www.yoox.com/us/46274704QA/item?dept=women&tp=11227&utm_campaign=affiliazione_us&utm_content=10&utm_medium=affiliazione&utm_source=linkshare_us#cod10=46274704QA&sizeId=
My earrings were purchased a couple years ago at my girl Samara's place. Someone local designed them. I wish I knew some info about the designer. Sorry! I love these. They are made of leather and the fringe is on trend for Spring 2013. Here are some similar earrings. http://www.etsy.com/listing/105432602/boho-gold-triangle-and-leather-fringe?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=brown+leather+fringe+earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all
My boots are officially closet post regulars. They are the South Bay boot in henna by Chinese Laundry. They are very easy to wear, the leather is soft and they are flat. I bought them at Zappos. Find them at: http://www.zappos.com/chinese-laundry-south-bay-black?ef_id=UQaOcgAAV756c0XO:20130128144258:s
My Louis is ten years old. It is a Papillon from the Vuitton store at Mall of the Millenia in Orlando. It was my first Louis that I bought with my taxes when I was 21.
My mink coat is a vintage C. Jorgensen from Pasadena. It was given to me by my step grandma.

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

Dempsey's Maryand Crab Cakes

Everyone who knows me, knows I love food as much as I love fashion. I had a great first experience at Dempsey's so I wanted to share it.  If you live in Columbus, it is a must! http://www.dempseysdowntown.com/default.html



No comments: