Monday, January 14, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) January 12, 2013

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Saturday I went to Lebanon,Ohio with my guy. He had a client to see and I wanted to get out since it was so nice out. We had lunch at  place called Seegers Meat & Deli then we walked through a few stores in Historic Downtown Lebanon. I found a fun turban at Miller's Antique Mall. We came back to Columbus and spent time with my guy's mom then had dinner at Lunada Mexican Grill in Hillard. I realized after the day was almost gone that I hadn't taken photos, so we stopped at the Ohio State Boathouse and shot these quickly in the rain. This is what I wore.
Some of my look is made up of pieces you have seen often. My equestrian style blazer is by Gibson from Nordstrom. I have posted the link to it many times. It is now my go to jacket for finishing an outfit. It's currently on sale. Here is the link again http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gibson-equestrian-blazer/3341186?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=0 My favorite jeans are also from Nordstrom. They are Paige Skyline Skinny in a dark indigo wash.

I was watching a show on ABC called The Neighbors last Wednesday and Jami Gerz who plays Debbie, the main female character (mom/wife) was wearing this blouse. I watched while the tie on the shirt disappeared and reappeared as Debbie moved around the kitchen in one scene in the show. Clearly, that was something the editors missed. I was quite amused. I got my shirt from Nordstrom. It was a gift from my mom. It is by Bellatrix but I didn't locate it on Nordstrom's site or anywhere else. The tie is removable and can be worn at the waist as well.
The tie is a slight contrast from the rest of the shirt. It is floral and adds a few brighter colors.
My earrings are pearl drops I bought for a quarter at a flea market. May favorite accessory in this look is my black turban. I bought this turban from a vendor on etsy for $4. When I got it, she was having a sale but the accessory is still under $10 in her shop. Check her out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtsyTreats?ref=search_shop_redirect
My rings and bag are all closet post vets. The Louis Vuittion Papillon  is ten years old. It was my first Louis. I bought it from The Mall of the Millenia in Orlando. The rings left to right, pearl heart knuckle ring is from Forever 21, the skull is from Nordstrom and the vintage pearl ring is from an antique shop in Attica, Ohio.
These are my favorite smoking slipper this season. They  are the Jeffrey Campbell 'Elegant' Studded Bow Flat. I got mine online at Nordstrom but they are no longer available there. I located them on the AOL shopping site at http://shopping.aol.com/jeffrey-campbell-elegant-studded-bow-flat/s357182983


This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: