Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) January 19, 2013


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

CAUTION! THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE COLOR SENSITIVE!
Color Overload Below! This post may cause blindness,sensitivity to the eyes or may alter your mood positively. =)
Saturday I spent most of the day doing household chores and gathering things for my ladies night meeting. I met some friends at Danes Dessert Cafe where we had sweets and talked about future events and randomness. I had a great time laughing with ladies I had not seen in a while. Laughter is the best medicine!
I took these photos in front of the house hours before I left. It was sunny out so I sat outside a while to get some vitamin D. This is what I wore.
I am not a huge fan of winter but I love winter clothes and accessories. Boots are my favorite kind of footwear.  I love to wear bright colors all winter to keep myself in a great mood. Color is known to very much effect a person's mood.
I started with my favorite pair of denim. They are Skyline Skinny jeans by Paige. I got them from Nordstrom.
The sweater, I bought in Dayton at the Goodwill in the Oregon District. It was $3. I loved the colors and the large hounds-tooth pattern. My guy hates this sweater and many of you will probably as well. It is a Rafaella sweater from the 80's. I found a similar sweater by Rafaella at http://www.etsy.com/listing/116854071/80s-neon-rainbow-sweater-1980-new-wave?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=rafaella+sweaters&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all
I found this jacket a month ago at the Ohio Thrift Store. I paid $2.50 for it on a half off Wednesday. It is a colorful hounds-tooth cropped blazer by Ann May.  It is my favorite blazer at the moment so expect to see it again in the near future. I did not locate anything similar.

My earrings were given to me by my sister's friend many years ago.
These are my favorite boots! They are over-the-knee color-block suede 80's boots with zippers. I found them online at etsy.com. Some similar boots from etsy can be found below.

1. http://www.etsy.com/listing/96698404/size-8-colorblock-multicolor-leather-80s?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_query=color+block+boots&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

2.http://www.etsy.com/listing/115666626/vintage-90s-otk-knee-thigh-high-25?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=color+block+boots&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all

3. http://www.etsy.com/listing/116178843/mondrian-color-block-suede-slouch-boot?ref=sr_gallery_37&ga_search_query=color+block+boots&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=1&ga_search_type=all
The skull ring is a closet post regular. It came from Nordstrom. I came across a similar one on etsy at http://www.etsy.com/listing/104433397/black-skull-ring?ref=&sref=
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. 
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: