Monday, September 24, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) September 22, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample,two months ago we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. My style is usually wild, bold, adventurous and colorful. I would use the same words to describe my personality and life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

I started my Saturday running errands. Afterward, I stopped to spend time with my mom and show her my new hair cut. Then I went to the Delaware County Fair. The fair was kind of disappointing but I utterly enjoyed my very first deep fried s'more. I took these pictures at the fair. This is the first closet blog that I am relaxer free! This is what I wore.
I wore a tee with the image of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, a sitcom on CBS if you aren't familiar. Bazinga is a word he uses that means: gotcha or fooled you. It is used in the show after a joke or prank. I got my shirt from Kohls for $9.99. They still have some left in limited sizes online at http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524893002729&crosssell=true
I also saw some on ebay. I have on electric blue skinny jeans. I got them from Shoetique. They have some cute garments there in limited quanities. If you are in Columbus or near by, check them out at 3760 East Broad Street Columbus, OH 43213  The colored jeans were all the rage this summer. They also look great for fall with your boots. Electric blue and Red are two big fall colors this year. I found some blue skinnies online at 
My jacket has become a closet blog regular. It is a  linen blazer I bought at the thrift store for $1. There are yellow jackets on sale in most department stores from the last season. I gave some suggestions the last time I wore it from H&M and Macy's. I have seen some mustard yellow blazers as well for fall. The sunglasses are my go to Micheal Kors black cat-eye's. They are also a closet blog regular.
My Target earrings are made of painted wood. They came from Rag-O-Rama in Clintonville, Ohio. They always have fun earrings there. I have not seen anything else like these but you could easily duplicate these with felt or plastic.
My bangle was my grandma's. The lucite ring is 70's inspired from Forever 21, seasons ago.  The purse is actually my mom's. It is a Francesco Biasia. I borrowed it because I was tired of walking around with my red leather clutch Saturday. I knew I was going to the fair and decided to free up my hands.
Sally Hansen Salon Effects ( Real Nail Polish Strips) Yes, I cheated! I normally do my own designs  
but I didn't have time this week. If you have never used these, they are so easy. I love them! You can do your nails and not deal with drying time. I have been a fan since they came out. They have tripled their design options since then. This one is called Collide-O-Scope. If you have never tried them, they are in most large grocery chains and drug stores. Pick some up!
My boots are last fall/winter's Chinese Laundry over the knee flats. I got them from Nordstrom. This is not the best picture of my pair but I found this year's version on Nordstrom's site.
 http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chinese-laundry-spring-street-boot/3286825?origin=PredictiveSearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Cognac+Leather&resultback=554
Special thanks to Naima V at Rendezvous Hair on 2600 N High St. She cut my relaxer off for me last week! I love my new hair! Check out her website!
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: