Monday, October 1, 2012

Style Adventures Vol. 8 (Powell, Ohio)

STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Powell, Ohio 9/30)


This is a blog about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.

Yesterday I rode around the city and subs of Columbus. One of my stops was a garden center. I was not expecting to do a Style Adventure but once I got inside, I realized this was a place people needed to know about for many reasons. Thank goodness I always have my camera.

Baker's Villiage Garden Center
 9267 Dublin Rd
Powell, Ohio 43065

I was very tickled at first sight. When we pulled up there was a girl dressed in a jack-o-lantern costume handing out little packages of candy corn. She was adorable! I had to tell her so.

I went into the store, chewing my candy corn and expecting very little. Once in the door I saw a small section of Ohio State University clothing and accessories. This was OSU with flair and funk. It was the kind of stuff I would wear to feel like I was staying true to my style while remaining in the spirit. Imagine lots of rhinestones, crystals and garments that are almost dressy casual but in scarlet and gray.
The store is full of home and garden items. The rooms right now are stocked full of fall, Halloween and Christmas accessories. I love Christmas, so my favorite room was the room full of over the top Christmas ornaments.  You holiday fanatics, who do serious decorating and make every holiday feel so special, if you are't already a Baker's customer, add this place to your list of stops. The Christmas ornaments are some of the best I have seen and there are plenty of pumpkins, gourds and ornamental corn. 
You have to love a place with free sweets! They had a table full of cookies, rice crispys and brownies for you to help yourself.
This place loves their buckeyes! I ran across another Ohio State themed area with vests, scarves headbands and buckeye jewelry. I call it grown women sports gear.
Baker's also had an edge on some of the latest trends like this mustard fedora. The fedora is big this season and I have not seen this particular color anywhere. 
I was all about the scarf wall! They had so many colors and prints! They also had some really beautiful scarf accessories.
They carry a nice selection of scarf slides. I am even thinking I may need to work one of these into  
my wardrobe.
Outside they had more fashion items in greenhouses. These items were on clearance. 
I immediately went for a case filled with jewelry and found a bracelet that I needed to have that was 75% off. It was originally $9.99.
Here is the bracelet I bought. I think it's cute but to be honest, I bought it because it was $2.50. Look for it in a future Kris's Closet.


Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: