Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) October 27, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample, we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. My style is usually wild, bold, adventurous and colorful. I would use the same words to describe my personality and life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!
Saturday I went on a Columbus Food Adventures tour through German Village with my guy. The tour was part of my birthday present. It was something I have had on my to do list for over a year and I was not disappointed. We had mini cream puffs at Schmidt's, a salad from Lindey's made with hearts of palm, a knish from Katzinger's, macarons from Pistacia Vera, a fried green tomato from G. Michael's and a small feast at Barcelona. It was four hours of food and interesting facts about the history of German Village. I loved the experience! Afterward, I watched the Ohio State and Penn State game with my dad. The Buckeyes are still undefeated! Yay! Then I went out with the fella to hear one of his favorite local rock bands play. I took my pictures during the food tour and at Schiller Park where the tour began. This is what I wore.
I wanted to be dressed for the entire day so I put on a sequin tank, floral blazer and jeans. The sequin tank was given to me by my family friend Nikki. I am not sure where it came from. The blazer is Issac Mizrahi for Target. It is right on trend for fall but the jacket is a couple years old. Here are some floral blazers I found on  one of my new favorite sites at http://www.lulus.com/index.php?main_page=search_results&search_in_description=1&q=floral+blazer
My jeans are my comfortable Mossimo jeans from Target.
My earrings are a Betsey Johnson asymmetrical pair that I got from my friend Dee for my birthday last year. I didn't realize I only had a picture of one earring. The other side is shorter. That earring is a lock.


My clutch is a gift with purchase from Michael Kors Hollywood fragrance. The skull ring is from Nordstrom but I have have seen ones similar being advertised at Charming Charlie. The pearl ring is an antique I found at Second Time Around in Attica, Ohio.
My smoking slippers I just got last week. I found them on http://www.etsy.com/. I am obsessed with this style of shoe. They are stylish and great for walking. Here are two pairs smoking slippers in two price points that I found online at http://www.lulus.com/products/bamboo-donovan-01-red-tan-tassel-smoking-slipper-flats/60618.html?gclid=CPKS8vS5prMCFc5cMgodEQIAHQ
and http://www.barneys.com/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Tassel-Smoking-Slipper/00505024485302,default,pd.html?gclid=CIDqkZa6prMCFcU-MgoduXsAsQ



This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Here is the link to Columbus Food Adventures!
Check out the bonus pictures from the food tour below.

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

Pistacia Vera Goodies!


A baker at Pistacia Vera and our Food Adventures tour guide behind her

Fried Green Tomato at G. Michael's


No comments: