Monday, September 10, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) September 8, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample,two months ago we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. My style is usually wild, bold, adventurous and colorful. I would use the same words to describe my personality and life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

 Saturday I went to the Marion Popcorn Festival in Marion, Ohio with the fella.  I had a great time eating everything and I ran into a friend of mine I have not seen in quite some time. I watched the free Boyz II Men concert there. I enjoyed singing songs I first heard twenty years ago. I felt aged but enjoyed remembering what I was doing when those songs came out. Before we headed home we also stopped by the Harding Memorial. It was made completely of marble and the lights that shined on it made it glisten. It was beautiful. I took my closet pictures at the Popcorn Festival. This is what I wore.
I wore a colorful floral romper. I bought this from a vintage seller on etsy. I found another cute floral romper at
 http://www.etsy.com/listing/101675977/adorable-bright-floral-romper?ref=sr_gallery_31&ga_search_query=floral+romper&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all  The romper was tight at the top since I am so busty, so I left it open and layered it by adding a Miley Cyrus tie-dye tank top under it. 
The yellow linen blazer I wore before in a closet blog in July. I got it at a thrift store for a dollar early spring. Here are a few yellow blazer options in different price points and styles. 
Charlotte Russe option:
http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/Clothes/Blazers-Jackets/Blazers/entity/pc/2114/c/2629/sc/2630/208870.uts?refinementValueIds=1660&sortByColumnName=SortByArrival

H&M option:
http://www.hm.com/us/product/97733?article=97733-V

Macy's option:
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-jacket-boyfriend-blazer?ID=724840&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
My brown cat-eye sunglasses have become closet blog regulars. They are by Cole Haan. The style is (C6048). I bought them from Nordstrom Rack a few months ago. My belt is another thrift store buy. Skinny belts have been in the last couple of seasons, so this is like the only one I have. I am more of a big belt girl. I found a funky studded belt option here http://www.bluefly.com/Vince-Camuto-luggage-brown-braided-leather-studded-belt/SEARCH/317952202/detail.fly I like this one better than mine. My earrings I got from a vendor at a festival last year. A great place to get brass earrings is http://www.etsy.com/.
My handbag is Louis Vuitton. It is an older style papillon. I have had it for ten years now. It was my first Louis.
My blue open-toe wedges are also closet blog regulars. They are by Zigi Soho. I ordered them online from DSW. They are super comfortable. They are all sold out but I have offered similar options the last few times I wore them.

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

The Harding Memorial in Marion, Ohio



No comments: