Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) September 16, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample,two months ago we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. My style is usually wild, bold, adventurous and colorful. I would use the same words to describe my personality and life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday I tagged along with my guy to Lancaster to meet a client. Afterward we rode around Ohio. We had lunch in Hocking Hills at Millstone BBQ. We rode through a bunch of towns I have never heard of. Some of them were scary. We stopped in Athens, did some shopping and then we stopped at Burr Oak Beach to walk around. I took these pictures at the beach. This is what I wore.
I wore a red-orange sleeveless tee that I have owned a long time. I am not sure where I got it from. The ethnic stripe vest came from Mad 4 Mod on High Street. I paid $1 for it on one of their "Fill a Bag for $5"days.  My skinny jeans are from Target.
My parrot feather necklace is from a vendor at the Macy's Festival in Cincinnati.  I found the same necklace online at http://www.cockatoocreations.com/products/Feathered-Parrot-Necklace-and-Earrings-Set-%252d-Vibrant-Colors.html
My earrings are painted wood from an African shop in Harlem. I did not find anything like these online but I did locate some fun painted wood earring. 
option 1: http://www.etsy.com/listing/102225900/pleased-parrots-painted-wood-earrings?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_query=painted+wood+earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_ref=auto3&ga_search_type=all

option 2:http://www.etsy.com/listing/94810940/hand-painted-wood-earrings-light-weight
This rainbow trimmed straw clutch is a closet blog regular. I bought it during my first Style Adventure in July at Clothes Gallery. It was $1. Still looking for a straw clutch, maybe for next spring? Go to http://www.etsy.com/ The colorful lucite ring I got as a gift a long time ago. Here is a similar ring I found  http://www.etsy.com/listing/99959344/retro-multicolored-lucite-and-glitter?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=colorful+lucite+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all The bracelets are tie ons that I got from the Pickerington Voilet Festival from a vendor.  I found a similar scorpion bracelet online. http://www.etsy.com/listing/74747636/unique-bracelet-with-a-real-scorpion-in?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=real+scorpion+bracelet&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all
These blue cut-out wedges are also closet blog regulars. I have posted options for these the first few times I wore them.
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: