Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) September 1, 2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample,two months ago we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. My style is usually wild, bold, adventurous and colorful. These same words also describe my personality and life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

  
Saturday I spent the day in Amish Country. The fella and I drove down to get supplies for his business. When the business was done, we browsed a few Amish fabric and furniture stores, bought lots of cheese at Guggisberg and walked across the street to Chalet in the Valley to have a late lunch. I took my first two pictures in the fabric store parking lot. I am obsessed with horse and buggys. The rest of the pictures were taken at Guggisberg, the cheese store. This is what I wore.
I wore a beige cotton dress by Apostrophe. It is so comfortable. I originally bought it from a thrift store in Illinois to turn into a high-low dress but I never got around to it.

My 80's belt I bought at a thrift store a while ago. I am no longer sure which one. I love belts and the 80's produced some of the best ones. You can find great belts of all decades in thrift an vintage stores. I also like to order belts from http://www.etsy.com/ Here is one I found that was similar http://www.etsy.com/listing/96272868/vintage-huge-oversized-glam-belt-tie?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=+rope+belt&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all  My shell pendant came from Authentiques in Bucyrus, Ohio during a Style Adventure. Find a similar one at http://www.etsy.com/listing/54771068/beautiful-shell-pendant-gold-trimmed?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=shell+pendant&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_ref=auto1&ga_search_type=all
My straw envelop clutch is a closet blog regular. I got it in Chicago at Buffalo Exchange. You can find great straw clutches on http://www.etsy.com/ as well. My copper cuff arm party comes from a mixture of places. The bottom one with the turquoise is the newest one. It's from the gift shop at Tecumseh. The third one is a penny cuff made with pennies from a time when pennies were made completely of copper. That bracelet I bought from a jewelry vendor at the Ohio State Fair. It is new to the closet blog. I located some of these on esty like this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/45643744/vintage-1970s-hand-crafted-copper-cuff?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=penny+cuff+bracelet&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all The rest of my cuff bracelets are from vintage and thrift shops. Find copper cuffs on  etsy and http://www.overstock.com/
These are my go to D&G gold and silver aviators. They are closet blog regulars. The earrings are also from Authentiques in Bucyrus, Ohio. They are gold, silver, copper and brass colored button style. Surprisingly they are also post. The closest I found to these were http://www.etsy.com/listing/86862931/vintage-50s-italian-glass-earrings?ref=sr_gallery_43&ga_search_query=metallic+button+earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all


This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: