Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) September 15,2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample,two months ago we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. My style is usually wild, bold, adventurous and colorful. I would use the same words to describe my personality and life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

 Saturday I took another ride to Lebanon, Ohio with my guy. On the way to drop off some cabinets to one of his clients, we blew a tire to his trailer and lost an hour taking care of that. I was uncertain about the kind of day we were going to have but it ended better than it started. When work was done we went downtown Lebanon and had brunch at The Golden Lamb Inn. It is the oldest hotel in Ohio , built around 1815. A dozen presidents from both Harrisons to GW, several historical and present day political figures and literary greats have slept and dined there. When the rooms lie vacant, they are left open for dining and hotel guest to view, equip with the details of who stayed in the rooms, when, why and etc. We toured the place and felt chills several times. The place is said to be haunted. After we left The Golden Lamb Inn we did some shopping at Beneath the Tree & Cabins to Castles. We had cupcakes at Frost Cupcake Bar & Ice Cream at Village Ice Cream Parlor. This is what I wore.
I wore a black anti-smoking tee with the message "There are cooler ways to die". I found this shirt at a Goodwill for $2.99. I found this same tee at http://shopgoodie.com/products/Girls-Cooler-Ways-To-Die.html My black lace flared skirt is from Meijer's junior department. I paid $12 for it a month ago. I did not find the skirt on Mejier's online but I found one similar at http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&Category=btms&ProductID=2017177595
My denim jacket is Gap from an Ohio Thrift store. I got it this past week for $10. You can find denim jackets everywhere right now but they will most likely have collars. 
These are a pair of my favorite glasses from SEE Eyewear. I got them about a year ago. SEE has the best styles for all face shapes. My rx is minimal so I wear mine for the computer, during migraines, to drive and sometimes just for fashion. However, if I had to wear them, I would be at SEE often. These black and white cat-eye's are one of four pair I own from SEE. If you need glasses and want something fun or stylish, find the closest SEE location. In Columbus, Ohio it is in Easton Town Center. For more locations or to get a feel for what they offer check out the website http://www.seeeyewear.com/index.aspx
My suede sandals are Betsey Johnson. I got them over a year ago from overstock.com. 
shirt close up
My big ball and wire earrings I got several years ago from a street vendor in Harlem. I did not find anything exactly like these but I thought these two pairs were cool on etsy
option 1: http://www.etsy.com/listing/97310031/silver-disco-ball-earrings
ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=big+silver+ball+earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all and
 option 2:http://www.etsy.com/listing/104222644/free-shipping-glitter-ball-hoops?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=big+silver+ball+earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all  My cat-eye sunglasses are closet blog regulars. They are Michael Kors.
My red leather clutch is a closet blog regular as well. My mustache ring is a souvenir from Cedar Point. I offered leather clutch and mustache ring options the last few times I wore them. A good place to find them both is on http://etsy.com/. The silver ball bracelet I got from Broadway Antique Mall the last time I was in Lebanon. Here is a similar bracelet but it is sterling and a little pricey. http://www.rubylane.com/item/754537-B43/Sterling-Silver-Ball-Bracelet-Fine The skinny silver and camel double wrap belt is from an Ohio Thrift store. I could not find any that weren't out of stock.
At The Golden Lamb Inn

by the Lebanon Mason Monroe Railroad
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

The Golden Lamb Inn
Presidential Crest on the stairway to the rooms at The Golden Lamb Inn

No comments: