Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Style Crush

This week's Style Crush features a fashionista and long- time friend. I have not seen her in many, many years, but we do stay in touch through Facebook. She has always been stylish, and lately I've been admiring her style and her new business venture. I love her concept of being a "Certified Thrifting Stylist". I chose to feature Shadiasha, not only for her great style, but we have some things in common, shopping on a budget and teaching others how to do the same thing. Read her story and be sure to follow her on social media, you won't regret it!

Shadiasha King.32 years old. Owner of September2nds ( Thriftlyfe ).Columbia, SC


  
My take on FASHION:


Fashion is what you see in the store windows, on a mannequin or on T.V… Now style…style is what you personally do with that window fashion. Style gives me a sense to be myself, to express my mood without speaking a word, to be edgy, noticed, and DIFFERENT. When I get dressed I try to find piece/pieces that I know no one else will have or shall I say no one will have the confidence to wear.  Why match? Why do what everyone is doing? “Fashion isn't defined solely by our clothing choices, but is also conveyed through the way we carry ourselves, our personalities and our views of the world”.





Where have I been?

Growing up I was  ALWAYS asked “ what do you have on”? followed by a laugh or a chuckle, but it never changed who I was or what I thought of myself. I lived in the crazy streets of NYC where style is anything and everything and no one is the same because everyone is different, to the country roads of SC where things are more ordinary and identical , to the in-between of Columbus Ohio where there is a mixture of culture and lifestyles.





I am Passionate About



 “Passion is when you put more energy into something, than is required to do it. It is more than just enthusiasm or excitement, passion is ambition that is materialized into action to put as much heart,” My new statement of life…….SEPTEMBER2NDS (Thriftlyfe) My passion comes from helping others. When I started Septemer2nds (Thriftlye) it was a sense of, I understand that everyone comes from different walks of life, everyone wants to look good and dress FABULOUS but can’t afford it or simply do not understand fashion and style. People tend to feel good when they look good and I’m passionate about self-esteem. I love to see smiles and hear “Thank you’s “I love when she wears the perfect green pump that has nothing to do with the black and white polka dot shirt or a complementing hair style that shows just how daring she is. WHY BE BORING?






You can find me

 Besides thrifting??? lol  I am this wonderful fashionista! I am a loving wife and mother who enjoys traveling to places I’ve never been, dining at great restaurants, and cooking exquisite dishes, PINTEREST is my love affair. I believe that life is what you make it and making memories mean the most, So anytime there is a reason to laugh out loud, dance in the supermarket, or sing in a restaurant. Why not?. THRIFTING IS LIFE. You can catch me at any thrift store, consignment shop, or boutique, where there is a vintage shirt, a sequin dress, or even a pair of lace gloves, I’m there! Thrift stores have an abundance of rare and unique items that I can use to make myself feel like a million bucks!









Follow Shadiasha at :

 
Facebook:

Shadiasha King

September2nds (Thriftlyfe)

Instagram:

 September2nds 

September2nds (Thriftlyfe)

Until Next Time,Ciao!

*Chris*

5 comments:

Just Bloggers: No Explanation said...

Slayage! She is beautiful and I love her style, great post!

www.mindofafashionista.com

ChrisKris said...

Thank you for reading Ak Brown! I will check out your blog.

Jasmine Watts said...

Love your style and you are looking beautiful in all images!!!

Unknown said...

I love the hair and your style!

Anonymous said...

Thanks sooo much ladies .. muuuaah!!