Thursday, July 9, 2015

It's Our Third Anniversary!!! ChrisKris Talk





 ChristinaKristin Talk
Today we celebrate three years as style bloggers! We have been sharing our style tips and lives with you for three years. It has been both enjoyable and challenging planning and writing blog posts each week. I still get excited to see your comments or meet you in my daily routine. I am still really shocked when someone tells me, they follow the blog and appreciate what we do. It feels wonderful to know that even though it seems quiet, someone is actually listening and paying attention. Thank you for taking the time to read our blog! Happy 3rd Blogiversary to us!

Kristin,

Thank you for following along with us during this blogging journey.Without you the readers, our blog would be pointless. It is my hope that our fashion blog or personal blogs have inspired you in some way.

Chris,





Kristin: What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning?

Christina: When I wake in the morning my first thoughts are ..." I gotta get my life together, tired of getting up early to go work for someone, can't wait to live a life of time freedom, no more time clocks"!

Kristin: What is the greatest lesson you have learned?

Christina: The greatest lesson I have learned is not to be afraid to do things by myself. I'm at a point in my life where friendships have evolved to a new place and lifestyles have changed, thus leaving me to do things on my own. As a woman, a black woman at that, fear can be instilled in us to not do anything alone, but living in NYC by myself has shown me differently. I recently went to a 3-day conference in Atlanta alone, people were really shocked to hear that, but I had a GREAT time, and enjoyed being alone for a few days!

Kristin: Who are some of your favorite bloggers?

Christina: My favorite bloggers are Happy Black Woman, which I have mentioned many times. New blogs I started following are This American Girl, Mr. Kate and Naptural85.

Kristin: What styles are you crushing on currently?

Christina: I am in love with the ethnic and tribal prints, I wear a lot of ethnic looking accessories, so I pretty much fall in love when I walk in to stores like Nordstrom or Target and I see rows and rows of ethnic printed merchandise.

Kristin: If you could switch closets with any celebrity, who would it be?

Christina: I would have to say Solange, I'm in love with her bohemian style. 





Christina: What Makes you the happiest?

Kristin: I am happiest when I am traveling. Something about going somewhere I have never been is exhilarating. It is the greatest high. It doesn't matter to me if it's just a small town in Ohio, a city in another state or somewhere over seas. I am always excited to explore the topography and taste local fare.

Christina: If you did not have a career in fashion, what would you be doing?

Kristin: I feel like this is part two of the first question. I would be a travel writer, I think. I may still do that later in my life. It's possible. I love to travel and I enjoy sharing the places I have been. That is part of the reason I started my personal blog. I was doing a lot of local travel during a time when people were struggling. I don't have a regular job or a lot of money and I wanted to share the cool places in Ohio I was visiting with those who wanted to travel but couldn't afford to go to New York, Florida or Belize. I wanted to make it clear that exploring your state or city can be just as exciting as going out of state or over seas. Travel experiences are what you make them.

Christina: What other blogs do you read?

Kristin: I read lots of different kinds of blogs. I have included links.

Fashion:

Travel:

Lifestyle And Personal Growth:

Christina: What was your favorite childhood television program? Why?

Kristin: I had to ask my mom. She said I liked the Smurfs. I remember my grandma was great at drawing. I remember I had giant smurf drawings on my bedroom wall. I also recall loving Jem and the Holograms. I would clap when Jem's band would battle the Misfits and win. I am a fan of any show, movie or person with an an alter ego! Jerrica/Jem, Super heroes like Bruce Wayne/Batman and Beyonce/Sasha Fierce. Lol

Christina: Who are your favorite designers? Why are they your favorite?

Kristin:  I love Betsey Johnson, Alexander McQueen Label, Marc Jacobs and Karl Lagerfeld. Betsey brings the color and fun. Marc Jacobs's style is fresh and cool. The McQueen house brings drama and Lagerfeld keeps Chanel Sophisticated and Classy.



  Until next time, 
Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!
ChristinaKristin,

No comments: