Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Style Crush




Hello! It's Kristin! We have not posted as consistently as we should, again our sincerest apologies. There hasn't been a 'Style Crush' since May. I am happy to bring our readers a new crush. This 'Style Crush' is very special because she is the woman who brought me into this world. She is brilliant. She still never lets me get away with bad grammar. She is beautiful and I am happy to share her genes. She is the bravest person I know. She has battled and beat cancer twice. The last battle ended earlier this year. She is a survivor. She is a leader. She is my mommy! I am proud to know her and be a part of her life. She has taught me so much about life and style. She is the reason I am the fashionista I am today. She is thorough in life and in style. Her attention to detail is impeccable. She has shown me the importance of accessories and looking the part. Her style was even referenced in her Citation of Recognition when she retired this year. This post also comes just days before her 59th birthday this Sunday. Wish her Happy Birthday with me, but first enjoy this special edition 'Style Crush'. Happy Birthday Mommy!

Karen Nolan-Mitchell. 59.Columbus OH.Retired

My take on fashion...

I believe that everyone has a sense of style whether or not others consider their style good or bad.  I grew up in the sixties when everyone dressed and dressed appropriately.  I never saw my mom in a pair of jeans until I was a senior in college.  

I always tried to not look like everyone else.  In High School I embroidered my jeans with my horoscope sign, symbols and other things.  When friends asked me to do their jeans I did, but I stopped wearing mine.  

I have always like color but I prefer to wear black and white.  I wear whatever I feel comfortable in and I mix trends with classics.




Where I have been...

Going to an HBCU in Atlanta, Clark Atlanta University, was a cultural experience for me coming from Columbus, Ohio.  I have never seen so many beautiful black folk!


I lived in Florida for 12 years.  I was flabbergasted the first time I saw people in the grocery store in swim wear! I now reside in my home town, Columbus.  I had two beautiful girls, with my first husband,  I'm now remarried to a wonderful man. 

I have fought and won two battles with cancer.  Obviously there is something else I am supposed to do.

 



I am passionate about...

I am passionate about family and art. In my next life I am going to be an art dealer!

 




You can find me...

I have two favorite places, my home and Easton Mall. At home I find peace and love. Easton Mall provides a feast for the senses,lots of color, diversity and good food . And let's not forget , at the Mall I can buy beautiful clothing and accessories.






If you or someone you know would like to be featured as our next Style Crush, please contact us at: christinakristin1@yahoo.com

Until Next Time,
Be Blessed! Be Free! Be Fashionable!

Kris,

Mom's Citation of Recognition from City of Columbus

No comments: