Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) October 19, 2014

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet, learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

I kicked off my Birthday Celebration on Sunday with my nephew. We had brunch downtown in Columbus and saw a matinee of The Lion King Broadway show. The show was something I have been wanting to see for a very long time, so my mom purchased a pair of tickets for my birthday. It was one of the best gifts I have ever received. The show was brilliant and inspiring. The costumes were amazing! I am still singing 'Hakuna Matata'. I want to see it again.

My look was 60s Mod inspired. I am loving this trend for fall. The 60s is also one of my favorite decades in fashion. My mom gave me this tunic/dress because it was too big for her. I belted it and played it up with my accessories. All my metals were antique gold in color. I wore the scarab necklace from the last look I posted:it is pretty versatile. I found the metallic, three tone belt some time ago at a flea market. The round sunglasses felt very 60s with a modern twist. The rounded arch on top of the glasses add a touch of playfulness. The hounds-tooth boots were so appropriate with the chunky heel that also scream 60s. Since the weather was under 60 degrees, I decided to wear my black cape coat. Cape coats were also prevalent during the 60s. My mom told me she had one during that time as a child. Check out my look!


Dress/Tunic:TopShop (old)
Cape Coat:LAUREN by Ralph Lauren
Belt:Nine West (old)
Scarab Necklace:TopShop
Sunglasses:Quay Austrailia (Yibrow)
Hounds-Tooth Booties:DV8 by Dolce Vita (Larel) 
Handbag:Michael Kors Sequin Grayson






I have to say one last thing,Happy Birthday Gayima!

Until next time,
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris, 

Me and my nephew in front of the Ohio Theater.
Details from inside the Ohio Theater
Me and my favorite little guy

No comments: