Monday, October 27, 2014

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) October 24, 2014

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet, learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Friday I had a a great day with my mom. We checked out the Transfigurations Exhibit at the Wexner Arts Center in Columbus, Ohio. The collection belongs to the Wexner Family; known for bringing us brands like Victoria's Secret. The art collection consists of greats like Pablo PicassoEdgar Degas and Susan Rothenberg;the kind of collection that most people could only dream of owning. This collection featured six famous artists that normally sit on the walls of the Wexner home. They have been collecting the pieces for 40 years. 

My mom and I ended our day on the town with a late lunch at Lemongrass Fusion Bistro in the Short North of Columbus and some lite boutique shopping. Since we were doing a little walking, I wanted to be comfortable. My look was centered around being able to wear denim and flats. I'd also just washed my hair and didn't have time to set it, so it became a great day to wear a turban. The blouse is vintage. I thought it would be perfect for the season and it features a fall color trend, Sangria. Check out the look!

Blouse: Vintage (thrift store in Lynchburg, VA)
Pants: Levi's Denim
Necklace: Scarab from TopShop (old)
Turban: Etsy (old)
Oxfords: Christin Michaels (old)



I have to say one last thing,Happy Birthday Sheila!
 She is a great Fashion Director in Fort Lauderdale; inspiring the minds of future designers and creative beings. I hope you are doing something fabulous today!

Until next time,
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,

No comments: