Monday, October 13, 2014

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) October 10, 2014

Kris's Closet

In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet, learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Friday I had lunch with my mom and her friend. They are both Libras with birthdays just days apart and they exchange gifts every year. They picked Friday to do their gift exchange and have lunch since my mom has retired and they no longer work together. I was just along for the ride and free food. Plus, I really like mom's friend. We have a common love for culture, food and wine. That evening I went to an art exhibit and reception for Jim Arter at the Cultural Arts Center. He is also a friend to my mom and I met him for the first time. I found myself very inspired by his work especially a piece that I thought would translate extremely well to jewelry. I ended the night with my guy. We had a late dinner at home.

For my look, I wanted to wear mostly black because I wanted to wear my black lipstick. I have had this lipstick for three or more years and have only used it in photo shoots. It came from a Mac Collection that had lots of really dark colors. I can't remember the collection name but the lipstick is Midnight Media with Blackfire Glimmer Glass on top, also from that collection. Yes, I based an outfit around a lip color. The lipstick somehow changed my whole attitude for the day. I could not even smile for these photos; it just felt inappropriate. This is what I wore.

Tunic Sweater:Karen Kane (old)
Leggings:$5 Leggings from Shopper's World
Cape Coat:LAUREN by Ralph Lauren (last year's)
Gloves:Charter Club (last year's)
Necklace:TopShop (last year's)
Bracelets:ChristinaKristin
Sunglasses:Quay Black Zig
Handbag:Michael Kors North/South Hamilton
Boots:Guess (last year's)
  




Until next time,
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,
 
left:Me and Jim Arter right: A rope and yarn piece I loved.

No comments: