Friday, October 3, 2014

Fun Fashion Friday!!!


POP CULTURE PREVAILS

This is the very first 'Fun Fashion Friday'! In these posts I will bring you the playful side of fashion. Fashion doesn't always have to be so serious. I am a big fan of really funky, fun pieces. I admit to loving my fun or bizarre items more than the classic ones; even if some of my friends hate and make fun of them. After all, fashion is about self expression and SHOULD BE fun.
Preen By Thornton Bregazzi & Moschino
It is officially Fall, so I wanted to point out some pieces that got the attention of many of us from the Fall 2014/2015 runways. There were cartoons like Sponge Bob and Snoopy's buddy Woodstock. As if the fun Sponge Bob portion of his collection wasn't enough, Moschino did a brilliant homage to McDonalds. Then there was Star Wars. Preen By Thornton Bregazzi used the image of Darth Vader serveral times in his collection and Rodarte used images of Yoda, Luke Skywalker, and C3PO. Other items I am highlighting are Anya Hindmarch's cereal box clutches and her potato crisp bag. Last but not least; I included another Moschino piece that I fell in love with, a Fruit Loops dress.  


STAR WARS
 

Rodarte, Preen By Thornton Bregazzi & Rodarte





McDonalds

Moschino


SPONGEBOB 

Moschino


CEREAL & SNACKS

Anya Hindmarch, Moschino & Anya Hindmarch



Crisp Packet Clutch by Anya Hindmarch



MY FUN FINDS

The featured designer collections are not for the faint of heart, or most of our wallets but it is okay to dream. Since I can't afford to spend thousand of dollars on clothes and accessories , I use these collections to inspire me. I try to find items that are affordable with the same kind of feel. I did some searching and found some pieces that are just as fun but for less. I hope you like them as much as I do.





Thank you for stopping by!
Enjoy your weekend!
And remember to be blessed, be free and be fashionable!
Kris,


runway photos courtesy of style.com, elle.com and anyahindmarch.com




No comments: