Monday, December 31, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) December 28, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Friday I went for a ride with the fella. We drove to Dayton and walked around Oregon District. It is my favorite place in the city because it kind of reminds me of the Short North in Columbus. We went into shop after shop and bought each other belated Christmas presents. I got him a vintage CD he raved about and he bought me a new pair of earrings, like I need more earrings. I found a great vintage sweater at the Goodwill in Oregon District that the fella hates because it is the most colorful thing ever. Later we drove to Woodland Lights on Miamisburg Centerville Rd, a place that had a 1/2 mile wooded trail with beautiful holiday lights, horse carriage rides and fair type foods. We saw all there was to see, took a carriage ride then began our search to find dinner. We ended up at a place called Sweeney's Seafood Restaurant. We came back home to Columbus and had drinks at Marshall's then Brother's Drake Meadery. I took these photos in Oregon District and at Woodland Lights. This is what I wore.
This is one of my favorite looks this year and one of the cheapest. I love to mix patterns and textures. The stripe shirt I am wearing and the tweed blazer are both from the Ohio Thrift Store. I probably spent $4 on them together on a 50% off Wednesday this month. I bought them at the same time intending to wear them together. The shirt is New York & Co. and the jacket is Style & Co. The belt is also second hand but I am not sure where and when I got it. My jeans are Mossimo Skinny from Target.

I have talked about pattern mixing before, which is big for the season.
 Here are a few tips if you want to try a similar look.

1. Stay in the same color family (Even though you are mixing patterns, pulling the same colors together
keeps the look clean and creates a since of harmony. You don't want to look like you got dressed in the dark.)

2. Play with texture ( It makes the pattern mixture more interesting if the textures are different)

3. Have fun! Mix florals with animal prints or stripes. ( It works, I wore this same jacket, and scarf with a leopard print dress)

The paisley scarf is from Shoetique. I have gotten some great scarves from there this year. They carry a nice selection starting at $5. Check them out if you are local at 3760 East Broad Street.
My earrings are from a vendor at a festival from a couple years ago. I can't recall which one.
My purse and ring are closet post regulars. The Louis Vuitton is the first bag I bought myself ten years ago.
The ring is from a vendor at the Macy's Festival three years ago.
These were my early Christmas present to myself. They are my favorite brand when it comes to flat leather boots, Chinese Laundry. They are good quality, leather and reasonably priced. Find these boots online at:
This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. Bonus photos below from Saturday night.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,
Woodland Lights in Dayton, Ohio
Me with Frosty at Woodland Lights

No comments: