Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Christina) December 13, 2012


Chris's Closet

  I am Christina, the hot pink of ChristinaKristinwelcome to my closet!




About 2 weeks ago Kristin and I planned to attend Cocktails at the Conservatory at Franklin Park located in Columbus, Ohio, http://www.fpconservatory.org/. So on Thursday we met up, and this is what I wore.




It wasn't too cold last Thursday, so I opted to wear a sweater with a faux fur vest, and a warm scarf, plus at this point I still hadn't purchased a winter coat, so I improvised!

During the winter season, I generally wear a lot of layers. Although I am a fashionista, I rarely shop for the cold season, honestly, shopping doesn't always fit into my budget. I take my spring/summer wardrobe and winterize it, as I did with this outfit





I am wearing a grey baby doll dress that I purchased from Target about 3 years ago, layered over top is a rose colored sweater that I bought at H & M last year. I was unable to find a similar dress, but I did find a similar sweater here: http://www.hm.com/us/product/06372?article=06372-A





Over top of the sweater I am wearing a faux fur vest that I purchased from American Eagle probably about 4 years ago. I do not shop at American Eagle, but one Christmas I received a gift card to the store and I was determined to use it. I found this vest and a pair of pearl earrings. American Eagle does not sell this vest anymore, but I found a cute animal print vest at http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?Br=F21&Category=Outerwear&ProductID=2030325728&VariantID= for only $22.96 on sale.

My nude lace tights are from Target, they have an awesome selection of legwear.



My multi-colored scarf is from Target, as you can see I am an avid Target shopper. I purchased this scarf a few years ago, but there are some other really cute ones available.


All of jewelry is from Stella & Dot, as I stated before I am an independent stylist for Stella & Dot which is why I am always rocking fabulous jewelry, these are my display samples. Check out my site for more info. My brown clutch is from Ohio Thrift, it was only $1.00 during the half off sale.


These super comfortable wedges are from Bakers, I bought them over the summer. I found a similar pair here: http://www.bakersshoes.com/p-236771-SPENCER-WEDGE.aspx on sale for $49.99.


My tips for winterizing your Spring/Summer wardrobe:

1. Layer with tank tops, sweaters and scarves.
2. Add tights to summer dresses.
3. DO invest in a great pair of boots.
4. Accessorize with belts, purses, hats, shoes, and jewelry. Accessories alone can make your outfit look like 100 bucks!





I hope you enjoyed my closet blog!

Until next time,Ciao!

*Chris*

 

No comments: