Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) "Christmas" December 25, 2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by some great bloggers, my partner and I decided to start our own blog. In this blog post you will get a glimpse of pieces in my closet,learn where I found them
 and where I wore them.  
My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

 Christmas day I went to my fella's sister's house where his very large family met to celebrate the holiday. We stayed for about an hour then went to my sister's where my cute little family celebrated. I was so excited to give my mom and sister the jewelry I made them and my nephew his game. I also made some killer pasta salad with all our favorite things in it. Later my fella and I went on a hunt for Christmas lights. We found two over the top houses and also stopped to look at lights at the parks downtown. I took my closet photos at Bicentennial Park. This was my Christmas look.
 I kept my outfit simple and played with accessories to make my look festive. My grey sweater dress is from the Ohio Thrift Store. I bought it a couple weeks ago on a 50% of day. I don't think I paid more than $3.00 for it. It is very warm but also itchy. The jacket I have worn on closet posts a few times now since the beginning of December. Here is a grey sweater dress I found online on sale and my original jacket from Nordstrom following: http://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/clear-ance/cable-sleeve-turtleneck-sweaterdress?ProductID=65055&CatalogueType=OLS&search=true
jacket
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gibson-equestrian-blazer/3341186?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Black&resultback=0
 My red sequin beret hat is from Forever 21 a couple holiday seasons ago. Here is one I found online on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83504294/custom-couture-red-sequin-toddler-adult?ref=sr_gallery_3&sref=sr_e532c2ba8716dcc4cf2a205269404b799005778d891ac3e7fdc37b851ee668bf_1356898153_14098973_red&ga_search_query=red+sequin+hat&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all The red tear drop earrings were handmade by a man in Cincinnati. I bought them many years ago. The top silver part of the earrings are watch links. Here is a similar pair from etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/21078059/jewel-two-earring-drop-pairs-in-ruby-red?ref=sr_gallery_37&ga_search_query=red+tear+drop+earrings&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=6&ga_search_type=all The scarf is from Shoetique. It is a tie-dye red, white and green satin scarf. Check them out if you are in Columbus for your shoe and accessory needs at 3760 E Broad St. My bracelets are a mix of bought and handmade. I bought some last year when I was in Pittsburgh for New Years and the rest are part of my Vegas Collection.
I love ladybugs so I have a couple ladybug cocktail rings. The one I am wearing is by Noir. It is a designer costume jewelry brand. I apologize that there aren't any clear pictures of my ring but here is where you can get one http://www.noirjewelry.com/Rings/LadytheLadybug/515#.UOCia-RZWSo My handbag was my Christmas present from my mom. I got it before Christmas from zappos.com. It is a Michael Kors Hamilton East/West Satchel. There aren't anymore on zappos in this size but you can find it here: http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=586665002&tid=plpl000000&kwid=1&ap=7&mkwid=U4j00a&adid=Cebqhpg+Nqf
My boots are Chinese Laundry flat over-the-knee and made of leather. They are soooo comfortable. Here are some similar ones on sale online: http://www.chineselaundry.com/chineselaundry/boots/tremendous-leathe?color=cognac I love over-the-knee socks with my boots. These socks were 1.99 from Shoppers World on the west side of Columbus.

This concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Check out our newest jewelry additions on etsy by selecting shop on the homepage of our blogspot or go to etsy.com and enter ChristinaKristin. Bonus photos below of my Christmas light finds.
Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,
House #1 West Side Columbus on Richardson between Mound & Eakin
House #1 West Side Columbus on Richardson between Mound & Eakin 
Bicentennial Park 

Bicentennial Park 
House #2 Guilford Rd  in Upper Arlington
House #2 Guilford Rd  in Upper Arlington

No comments: