Monday, July 16, 2012

Style Adventures Vol. 2 ( Johnstown, Ohio)

STYLE ADVENTURES 

(Johnstown, Ohio 7/15/12)


This is a post about how to add to your wardrobe using antique shops, thrift stores, yard sales and other venues. We travel Ohio and beyond discovering unique and stylish items we want to share and the places we found them.

Sunday the fella and I set out to go pick peaches in Utica but the sky opened up and down came torrential rain, so we ended up just buying some already picked. After that mission was over we went looking for an antique shop we pasted earlier on the way to Utica. It was a lovely place called Timber Tunes. After an annoying yet needed rain this place was my sunshine. The funny thing is, once we got to Timber Tunes the sun came out.

Timber Tunes

9862 Johnstown-Utica Rd. (Rt. 62)
Johnstown, Ohio 43031

Timber Tunes is a hidden gem located in Johnstown, Ohio. You drive past an antiques sign and a hand crafted canoe down a long driveway/road past fruit filled apples trees and a beautiful house to the left before you arrive in front of the shop. The shop is a refurbished big red barn.  A couple, Karl & Linda Harris own and run the shop. They specialize in making music boxes out of reclaimed timber from barns, fallen trees, fence post and even bowling pins, hence the name. They also offer a variety of antiques along with handmade furniture made by Karl on site.

When you walk into Timber Tunes the heavens open up and shiny beautiful jewelry shimmers before your eyes. Seriously, it's an angel singing moment. I was overwhelmed for like ten minutes before I could really focus. I didn't know where to begin.

There before me were hundreds of earrings, several dozen necklaces, bracelets and rings. Colorful pieces, beaded pieces, tribal, chandeliers, hoop earrings, bangles, cuff bracelets, chokers and more were among my options.   The displays were even amazing. It was time to shop and I was determined to leave with a bag full of goodies.


This place had so many things to choose from. One case of jewelry was almost completely on clearance and the prices were already cheap to start. The prices are comparable to jewelry at Forever 21 but some items are the quality of Macy's or Nordstrom since it's a collection of found vintage and second hand pieces. There were quite a few rooms in the main part of the shop so I made my way through the entire shop before I settled on anything.

The store was full of home accents like ceramics, statues, antique furniture, new hand crafted furniture, linens and even Christmas decorations. It really felt like Christmas in July in this place.

I was so inspired by not just the jewelry but the way the store was set up. It was so beautifully arranged. It felt organized yet organic. It had harmony, the way that things flowed and everything made so much sense.

Then when I thought I had looked at everything, I realized there were three little shack like structures in the back full of more stuff. Boy do I love stuff!
I made my way through the last of what Timber Tunes had to offer and went back to finalize my selection. It was not an easy task.   

I walked out the door with a few pair of earrings and some kind of ornaments that I planned to turn into earrings. I felt very good about my purchase. The owners we so friendly an genuine. I will definitely return. 


From left to right this is what I bought. Two ornaments of some sort for $4.29 a piece for a total $8.58, a pair of turquoise and a periwinkle chandelier $5.95, orange, gold and brown tribal dangles $4.95 and a colorful pair of chandeliers $4.95. Three pairs of earrings and a potential two pair for a total of $24.43 plus tax!



Until next time! Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,



No comments: