Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) July 8, 2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample, we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. The best way to describe us if personalities were colors would be red and hot pink. I am the red personality because I am usually wild, passionate and bold with fashion and in life.  Christina is hot pink because she is usually feminine,fun,sweet and romantic in style. That description reflects in life for her as well. That is why are logo is hot pink and red bubbles with our names ran together but separated in color. My name is Kristin and welcome to my closet. 


Sunday was about 92 degrees and I had plans to take my nephew to the Dayton Air Show with my fella. We got there and had hot dogs and funnel cake. Then we started taking tours of the planes. The first plane was a military medical aircraft and this is where I did my shoot.
I wore a loose fitting tank with the image of an African girl and the words Nostalgia for Africa by Muchacha. An ex bought me this top in New York about six years ago. I loved the image of the African girl. I thought she was very striking. The tie die like, a-line skirt I got last summer. It's New York & Co. Some similar tops and skirts are listed below. 

 tops:



skirts:




These earrings I got from a vendor at the Macy's festival last year. She had some fun and amazing pieces. She will probably be there this year. I hope! The earrings are wood pieces on thick wire. Here are some similar options if you like these from my favorite etsy sellers. 


1. http://www.etsy.com/listing/73556791/african-shell-wood-hoop-earring-ethnic?ref=sr_gallery_43&ga_search_query=wood+hoop+earring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

2.http://www.etsy.com/listing/63808931/sister-anne-wood-bead-feather-hoop?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=wood+hoop+earring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=7&ga_search_type=all

3.http://www.etsy.com/listing/101290315/rainbow-hippie-pyschedelic-colorful?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=colorful+wood+hoop+earring&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all
These are some of the most comfortable shoes. Sorry this is a one dimensional picture of them. They are slide in wedges. They are Naturalizers. Yes I said it! I know most of us look at the brand as old lady shoes. But these didn't look so old lady to me when I found them a couple of years ago at the Ohio Thrift Store on Alum Creek. They had brand new boxes of them and they also had them in lilac. I bought both colors. I tend to do that if I love something especially when the price is right. If you are looking for a cute and comfy mustard or yellow wedge, I found some similar styles.


This is a straw clutch I found the day before for $1 at Clothes Gallery, a thrift store in Circleville. It is trimmed with a rainbow fabric. It was made in Macau. I just learned that is located in China. LOL! It wasn't really practical for the event I went to but I surrendered to fashion over comfort and practicality. My copper cuffs are from many places from thrift shops to the gift shop at the outside drama,Tecumseh. Here are some options for copper bracelets and straw clutches.

colorful straw clutches



copper cuffs


3. http://www.overstock.com/Worldstock-Fair-Trade/Hand-crafted-Three-tone-Spiral-Mystery-Cuff-Bracelet-India/6655675/product.html
I wanted to be as comfortable as possible since I was doing a lot of walking outside and in incredibly hot weather. This look is bohemian, one of my favorite styles. Thank you for stopping by to read Kris's Closet. 

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!

Kris,

The Blue Angels at the Dayton Air Show 7/8/12
It was a great show!

No comments: