Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) July 14, 2012

Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample, we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. The best way to describe us if personalities were colors would be red and hot pink. I am the red personality because I am usually wild, passionate and bold with fashion and in life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!



Friday I spent some time with a friend Naima from high school who had just graduated from the school of Aveda. She came over and we played catch up while she did my nails and toes for me because they really needed some help. Thank god for her! Then I got dressed to go to dinner with my fella at Mary Kelly's in Dublin. We took these photos out front before we ate. I was not notified by my photographer aka the fella, that my bra strap was showing the entire time. =(
I wore a tie dye empire waist top by a brand called Casual Freedom that I got from TJ Maxx several years ago with a pair of target brand Mossimo, mid-rise, skinny, fit 4/curvy jeans. Find jeans @ http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=mossimo+jeans&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories
Click on the links below to view similar tops.



The large statement piece is a wicker body chain by Candice Cox in New York. The brand is called CanDid Art Accessories.  She has some crazy amazing pieces including this one @ http://www.candidartaccessories.com/
Here is a close up on the complete body jewelry piece. It is my new favorite accessory and I would buy one of almost everything she makes if I could. I get compliments on this every time I wear it. Love! Love! Love!

My sunglasses are gold and silver D&G aviators (6065). I got them last summer at Nordstrom. The earrings are wood earrings I found at an antique shop on the way to Sandusky, Ohio. Click on the links below to view similar sunglasses and earrings.

aviator sunglasses



wood earrings



My turquoise and gold cuff and matching ring I got in Chicago at Mali. It is a store on Michigan Ave. You can find some of their pieces @ https://malijewelry.com/default.asp. My other bracelets in my "arm party" are copper cuffs I have picked up from thrift stores, vintage shops and the newest one with the turquoise at the base of my left wrist came from the Tecumseh gift shop. I gave some copper cuff suggestions in my closet blog from 7/8. You can find lots of copper cuffs @ http://www.overstock.com/ and http://www.etsy.com/
The clutch I got just shy of a month ago. It is a leather bag by Ann Taylor that I bought at Buffalo Exchange in Chicago. The original price was $138.00. I know this because the original tag was still attached. It looked new and unused. I paid $19.50 plus tax. Click on the links below to view similar clutches.


Theses are brown leather sandal booties by Levity from DSW. They are still available @ http://www.dsw.com/shoe/levity+echo+bootie?prodId=dsw12prod3820311&productRef=SEARCH
They are definitely a couple hour shoes. My feet hurt after two/three hours.

Thank you for stopping by my closet! Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

still lookin good, bra strap and all ;)

ChrisKris said...

Thank you Cradelle!