Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) July 29, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample, we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. The best way to describe us if personalities were colors would be red and hot pink. I am the red personality because I am usually wild, passionate and bold with fashion and in life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Sunday the fella and I went to get corn from a farmers market in Hilliard. We stopped at Franks Fish & Seafood Market in Columbus to see what they had. Nice selection! We drove to Tanger Outlets where I popped into the Cosmetics Company Store to pick up some discontinued pink lip colors by MAC that I'm almost out of. We drove around Central Ohio where we got lost looking for a festival and restaurant that we never found. We ended up eating at Ben & Joy's, a small town restaurant in Mt.Sterling, Ohio then we came back to Columbus and walked around the river front a little. This is what I wore.
My yellow heart covered dress is from a brand called Bebop. It is a non-literal take on the polka dot. I got it from Buffalo Exchange in Chicago last month. Here are some similar dresses. Click on links to view.



My pearl earrings are clip/screw-ons that I found last week at Second Time Around in Attica. They were on an earring card with another pair of earrings that I was actually after last week. I threw these on as an afterthought when I felt like the first pair of pearl dangle earrings I put on originally were too much. My vintage rose necklace I wore to Kelley's Island and Put in Bay a week ago Saturday in my closet blog dated 7/21. I have been looking for similar necklaces with no success. Mine came from Funky & Functional in the Short North of Columbus.  My pearl tassel necklace is from a large antique shop I ran into going towards Dayton. I don't remember the name but I located some similar pearl necklaces. Click on links to view.

pearl tassel necklace


3.http://www.etsy.com/listing/104786843/1960s-vintage-pearl-tassel-necklace?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=pearl+tassel+necklace&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all
My glasses are Fendi  (FS118). They are quite a few years old. This particular pair use to be my grandma's. God bless her beautiful soul. They had her bifocal prescription in them and I removed the lenses and had them replaced with my prescription at SEE Easton. I love them because they belonged to a great woman and I feel great when I wear them. I did not find anything close to these to suggest but if I do I will update this or post the suggestions next time I wear them.
My belt is an old red leather belt from Newport News Catalog. I tied it in a knot in the middle to take away some of the width and tied it in the back. The lipstick red leather clutch I carried last Sunday in Sandusky. I gave suggestions for red leather clutches on closet blog dated 7/22. The pearl heart two finger ring is from Forever 21. The large vintage pearl ring is from Second Time Around in Attica last Sunday. I got it during last week's Style Adventure. Check out Style Adventures Vol. 3 blog. To view similar items click on the links.

red leather belts



two finger pearl rings



vintage pearl ring


My shoes are python leather and suede color block 5 1/4" stilettos by ALDO. I ordered them from Nordstrom. You can find them @ http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/aldo-hamblet-pump/3264848?origin=keywordsearch&fashionColor=&resultback=709 They are a neutral python with a lipstick red heel and canary yellow platform bottom. These shoes are beautiful and I love wearing them, well until my feet start hurting. They are two hour shoes. If you are sitting, they are great. I have worn theses twice now and both times I carried flats with me.

That concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you for stopping by! Come again soon!

Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris

No comments: