Monday, July 30, 2012

Chris's/Kris's Closet (Kristin) July 28, 2012


Kris's Closet

Inspired by great bloggers like Folake of Style Pantry and Tamia of The Style Sample, we decided to open up our closets to the world as well. We are ChristinaKristin of Columbus,Ohio. We are two women close in age, with two different takes on style and completely different personalities. The best way to describe us if personalities were colors would be red and hot pink. I am the red personality because I am usually wild, passionate and bold with fashion and in life. My name is Kristin. Welcome to my closet!

Saturday I watched a lot of Olympics, messed around in my garden and cleaned the house. Then I had dinner with the fella at Sago Asian Bistro in Grove City. Afterward we went for a walk at Gantz Park in Grove City.  I ended my night at the Pickerington Violet Festival where I watched Night Ranger, the 80's hair band perform. These pictures are from Gantz Park. This is what I wore.
My tribal print, strapless dress is what I call a "maxi mini". I am too short for a real maxi dress so I don't tend to wear dresses that come past my calves.  I bought this dress last year from Forever 21. I needed to change out of my work clothes for a party and this dress was cute and quick. It also worked well under a blazer when it was cooler out. To view similar dresses click on links below.




This belt is a tribal belly dancing belt. I bought it from the International Festival that Columbus has every year at Vets Memorial. It is covered in wooden buttons, seed beads and cowrie shells. Click on links to view similar belts.



My straw envelope clutch I bought at Buffalo Exchange in Chicago for like $12. I love the straw clutches, this is one of two that I own. They go with so much. To view some similar clutches click on links.



My flat, black, leather, gladiator style, bootie sandals I have worn in a previous blog. I made some suggestions for them in my very first closet blog earlier this month. Review blog dated 7/7.
These are my copper cuff bracelets that I wear pretty often. I have worn them in two blogs already this month. The "arm party" is hot right now. If you aren't familiar with the term, it means wearing a bunch of different bracelets all at once. So stack and mix to get this look and it can be done with all kinds of bracelets. But I love doing it with my copper cuff collection. If you have skinny wrists like I do, cuffs are he best style of bracelet. The best places to find copper cuffs are thrift stores and antique shops. For vintage and new copper cuffs online I would browse http://www.etsy.com/ and http://www.overstock.com/. My turquoise and gold bracelet and ring set are from a Chicago store called Mali on Michigan Ave. I put up the site for them the first time I wore these in my closet blog dated 7/14.
The gold and silver sunglasses are my go to sunglasses most of the time. They are my D&G Aviators (6065). I have worn these quite a few times in my closet blogs this month. The best place to find quality aviators is the well known ray-ban @ http://www.ray-ban.com/usa. My earrings are handmade by a vendor I ran into at the Dandelion Festival in Dover, Ohio this past May. He does that festival and the Island Fest in Kelleys Island every year. I just saw him on the island last weekend. The earrings are made out of wood beads, gold wire and black seed beads. I could not locate anything similar to them but there are lots of fun wood and wire dangle earrings on http://www.etsy.com/.

That concludes another Kris's Closet. Thank you for stopping by! 


Be blessed! Be free! Be fashionable!
Kris,


No comments: